Been thru hell n back 1 year trying to find the right antidepressant

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey all..

I'm so depressed over my panic disorder . This all started last November n it's still going on.. I was on 225mgs of effexor this drug did nothing for me but make my anxiety 1000x worse.. not the drug for me . I withdrew from it in about 3 weeks.. not as bad as all the Horry stories.. now j started paxil 10 mgs 3 weeks ago tomorrow. I'm taking 2 mgs klonopin per day as well until I'm adjusted to the correct med n dose.. I had severe migraine yesterday sent me to er my limbs went numb , vision issues it was horrible.. today all day anxiety n panic.. called doctor he's upping me to 20mgs.. starting tonight.. I have no clue how I will feel.. n I have my monthly friend so that doesn't help my anxiety..okay panic is stemmed around health anxiety.. I get werid physical sensations n then I'm in a cloud of panic.. I think I'm dieing or going crazy.. no matter how hard I try to believe I'm not dieing it doesn't work my brain plays sick games on me.. when will this ever end I want my life back.. my family has suffered thru this, my finances, my job.. you have to understand I have had many people die in front of me from a drop in a hat.. this is where the underlining issue comes from. I see therapists, a psychiatrist.. I do Dbt therapy.. I don't know what else to do.. please some encouraging words would help in this fight.. thank you smile

I love this site you are the only people in the world I know understands what I'm going thru..

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I'm sorry you're going through this my anxiety started just a month ago really bad and I haven't got a full days rest on my brain since then everyday I'm in constant worry I just started taking Zoloft 50mg. I hope this helps I can't take no more then what I have just know you're not alone I hope you get better!!!

• Posted

I can relate 100%. I seriously feel the way you do. I always say my mind plays tricks on me. I feel like anxiety controls my life. I always think I have an underlying condition that is going to kill me. I can't win. I feel your pain..... It's miserable. All I can say is you are not alone. smile

• Posted

Thank u so much.. it makes a world of difference that you guys are out there in the same boat.. n that I'm not alone.. we have to stick together n keep each other strong .. good luck to you guys

• Posted

Can the paxil be making your anxiety become more intensifieD. This is the third or fourth time i have read the same kind of reaction. I see your dr. Upped it too. My sister tried that had a crazy high amount of anxiety and threw it out and they out her in something else instead.  Maybe you have issues with the ssris? They have other kinds. Klonopin alone at 2mg would calm anyone its potent stuff. Im wondering if this is a side effect you are having.  
  • Posted

Everytime I tried a medicine it made it worse just bought song workbooks and self help books. Hoping it helps..health anxiety is the worst I go from one thing to the next..hoping you feel bette

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.