Beginning to think this hasn't worked...

Posted , 6 users are following.

I had rectocele and enterocele repair, plus perineum reinforcement, all noted as severe on my discharge notes, in early May. Had an anterior repair last year, though is was always the rectocele that gave me trouble.  I never had to splint, but had this awful feeling of downward pressure, pain and fullness in the rectum and in the vagina, especially before a BM or passing gas. The enterocle was only found during the procedure and I was told that this was probably the cause of my symptoms. I am not due to see the consultant (urogynaecologist) yet for a followup.  -  the registrar, at hospita ldischarge,  asked for a long gap to allow the swelling to subside. He said there was a lot of stitches up there. 

There is somewhat  less of a feeling of downward pressure, except when I have walked for too long, but there is a constant feeling of something (varies from a marble to a golf ball !) in my rectum, which becomes very marked and uncomfortable prior to a BM or passing gas. I wondered about haemerroids but the symptoms don't seem to match. I have been ascribing this, in a hopeful fashion, to the swelling and scar tissue but am wondering if it is more than that.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I think only a doctor is going to be able to reassure you Mari because it sounds as though from what you say there was a lot if sutures and swelling. Go to your GP and ask to be examined to put your mind at rest x
  • Posted

Wow, yeah I don't have any problems like that, hope u can get that steaightened out. I'm pooing ans urinating ok. Just a little lower abdomen bloating now so still can't fit into any clothes. Today I noticed a plastic smell after urinating, who knows what that is since no one tells ta anything.still haven't seen any stitches disolve everything was done inside so I guess they will just fall out lol.and I haven't bled since I left hospital four weeks ago.

• Posted

Hi. I too have the golf ball feeling around back passage and perineum area. I'm 6 months after a posterior repair, at my 3 month check up i was told it might be swelling and should subside by 6 months but unfortunately no sign of that happening, docs seem to just fob it off and talk about my new problem front wall has now gone! Gutted been so careful as well. Being referred to physio first before any more ops. Hope yours golf ball shrinks to a pea soon! Take care

• Posted

Are those current symptoms totally different now to what you had pre-op?
  • Posted

I really hope it will have worked and you will get through this. I'm sorry you are having a hard time.💜💜💜💜💜

I had mine bladder repair in April and a hysterectomy with it. Lately, some things are starting to worry me to that it may be falling apart. I go see my doctor this week, but it was supposed to be only for a sit down.

This is a scary feeling to even think of going through this again. I wish you well and good health. Let's just hope we will be okay.

💜💜💜💜💜💜

Hugs!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.