being alone with yourself

Posted , 12 users are following.

Does anyone hate there own company? I hate being on my own! I just feel scared being alone with my thoughts

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes me at the moment rolleyes
    • Posted

It's horrible! I hate having to rely on being with someone, but I hate being alone cos I don't feel like myself it's horrible sad(
  • Posted

Im exactly the same. I could of written your post. I can't even explain why but I just think about awful things when I'm in my own but if someone is with me I'm distracted

You're not alone

Kelly X

• Posted

Yeah I do too! I feel like when I'm on my own I start thinking about my anxiety more and derealisation more sad(( x
  • Posted

At times I don't like being a lone i do not like to live a lone i like living with someone then i am not so scared 
  • Posted

Hi this is my first time here. I totally understand how you are feeling . I started having panic attacks about 2 months ago and have been dealing with this derealization since then. It makes me totally not want to be alone. I have to push myself to go anywhere I'm not with a friend or family member. Having a hard time understanding exactly why this happens to people and why and when it leaves. It is comforting to know I am not alone though. Prayers and strength to all who are suffering with this terrible thing!!!!
  • Posted

Before this anxiety thing happen I had my own apartment I left it to come back home with my dad and when my dad goes out I go stay with my mom , I hate being alone because I think something is going to happen to me , I have health anxiety and I hate it !! I just feel like I'm a burden on my family , I use to be so independent , I could do anything by myself . I know they don't feel that way but its hard for me to be so needy right now , this has me out of myself . sometimes I feel like I will never go back to normal .
    • Posted

omg, can't belive so many of you feel the same as me. I feel like I will go crazy when I'm alone, God forbid.

just scared of my thoughts and especially if I doze off, I wake up in a panick. I'm trying to force my self to be alone more. but I always need distraction like tv, laptop phone ect.

and I'm always inviting people round to keep me company and ask them to stay over. I used to love my own time alone .

• Posted

Yes and I miss my time alone and feeling great this is such a bad thing to deal with !!
    • Posted

it's the most awful thing to deal with, it's Scarry it's lonely, and to other people it looks selfish. I wish we all get better soon one day, and more research is done into this debilitating illness.
  • Posted

Yea when im alone i think about aniexity more but when i am with someone i forget about aniexity
  • Posted

Yes I fear of being alone bc I don't feel normal.. Feel like I'm confused and in a dream that I can't shake
    • Posted

I know what you mean!! I really wish more research went into this debilitating illness that normal people don't talk about.
  • Posted

I'm the same way, I love being social and I dont like being alone with my own thoughts.

Do you have any people you can spend time who make you feel better?

• Posted

No I feel safer in my own company although the doc and psychologist say I have to start mixing with other people but im not in any fit state I am to temperamental I do not get 2 days the same on a bad day I wish I could go to sleep and not wake up and thats the truth
    • Posted

do you have anyone you can spend time with who make you feel good?
    • Posted

I do have my daughter and her partner who are really good and a very good friend but my husband died before my son and I alienated myself away from friends and family ., I am just not the person I was I ignore phone calls I came of social net working site I just want my son back sad it may sound because I have the most beautiful daughter who is a nurse and I just can't stop thinking something bad is going to happen to her sorry for going on a bit
    • Posted

no worries at all, we're all here to help.

Do you think your anxiety stems from your relationship with your son?

When was the last time you tried to contact him?

• Posted

Hi my son died and yeah that is when this nightmare exculated, I always suffered with anxiety but the depression is far worst along with all the aches and pains
    • Posted

I'm so sorry to hear that.

How much time do you spend with your daughter?

• Posted

Hi my daughters a nurse and she stays with her partner but she always makes time to see me everyday so I am really fortunate that I have such a caring daughter
    • Posted

that's fantastic! she sounds like a wonderful daughter!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.