Being sick after taking meds

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I've just been sick, exactly one hour after taking my 10mg of citalopram. Will this stop it from working? What do I do? X

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Think you should get in touch with a pharmacy and ask what you should do.

No very helpful I know, but I wouldn;t know what to do either

Let me know how you get on.

• Posted

How are you doing, still very bad?
    • Posted

Hi, my doctor told me to stop the citalopram, I haven't had one today and feel slightly better. I have an appointment with her tomorrow to decide what to do next. I'm worried about starting anything else though. My mum went through what I did and was on mirtazepine and another anti-depressant which worked for her. I asked a doctor on the phone about mirtazepine and he said it's not for anxiety? But I've read it is? So confused! How are you? X
    • Posted

I totally understand that you have decided to throw in the towel. As I understand it, you started from a very bad place, and the side effects on top of that were just too much.

There is a faster acting anti anxiety drug called Lyrica. Often you will get relief within 1 week. I was on Lyrica for 1.5 years to easy the withdrawals of benzo and it did the trick. There are different views on Lyrica, but I started eating again almost right away following a huge weight loss caused by extreme anxiety from benzo withdrawal.

Also, Lyrica can give you temperary relief until an AD takes effect. After that you can slowly taper off it.

I am bad right now because of updosing Citalopram, but I have to pull through.

• Posted

Thanks noolie, was feeling bad about stopping but think it was just too much for me.

Lyrica sounds a lot like what they gave me called lorazepam? However it didn't seem to help my extreme panics. I will google it smile

Good luck and stay strong with the updose smile xx

• Posted

Lorazepam is a benzodiazepine, which has an instant effect. Lyrica (Pregabalin) is usually prescribed for nerve pain, but also for anxiety. Usually it works within a week, but for me it only took 3 days until I got relief. Many experience weight gain on the medicine, as it makes you hungry which would be perfect in your situation.

You can ask your doctor, he/she might agree.

• Posted

Strange. I can see half you last message in my e-mail, but it is not here. I can see the following :

"Thanks noolie, was feeling bad about stopping but think it was just too much for me. Lyrica sounds a lot like what they gave me called lorazepam? However it didn't..."

Lorazepam is a benzodiazepine, which has an instant effect. Lyrica is usually prescribed for nerve pain, but also for anxiety. Usually it works within a week, but for me it only took 3 days until I got relief. Many experience weight gain on the medicine, as it makes you hungry which would be perfect in your situation.

You can ask your doctor, he/she might agree.

• Posted

Do not PM Jeremy. If you look at his posting history, he is just a spammer trying to take advantage of people suffering.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.