being sick with panic attacks

Posted , 2 users are following.

i suffer from panic attacks and when this happens my eyes go like stars i sweat go pale and my heart races but as soon as im sick the symptoms subside does anyone else suffer from thisĀ 

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

Hi, yes I was like that every morning. I'd wake up feeling really panicky then feel like I needed to be sick. Once I was sick I was fine. My gp told me this was normal for people who suffer with anxiety and panic attacks. He said panic effects you in loads of diffrent ways. I started taking clitrapram an once all the side effects whent away. Iv been fine. Hope you start to feel better soon. X
    • Posted

That has made me feel alot better thankyou and I have recently been put on citalopram been on it for 4 weeks been getting headaches recently n been told its because of the citalopram did you get this with the citalopram im only on 10 mg
    • Posted

Glad this helped you. It helped me just to see that I wasn't the only one having these things go on. Yer I had really bad headache when I 1st started. And I had nausus when I 1st started them I was on 10mg Which didn't help with the all ready beeing sick. It took about 7 or 8 weeks for the headache to go. I'm now on 20mg an on my 4th month. The panic an anxiety are becoming less an less by the day and I'm starting to feel abit more like me. I hope this helps you. Xx
    • Posted

Yeah this does help hopefully the headaches will go soon I'm sure they will its only week 4 so hopefully another couple weeks will be gone and my panic attacks have stopped I don't freak out when I'm in shops as Much
    • Posted

Hahaha I know that feeling well. Wanting to get out the shop as soon as I can or thinking up any excuse not to go to the shops. It saved me money but hated it cos i loved shopping before this happend. I'm glad your feeling better. Xx
    • Posted

I no it's so horrible I keep getting headaches recently and feel really off just feel like I'm in a bubble and I keep getting this cold feeling in my head and numbness in my body do you think this is a side effect from citalopram so scared I have a brain tumor
    • Posted

Iv had all that. I think it's partly to do with clitrapram an partly anxiety. That cold feeling is the most scariest thing ever. Have you tryied an type of counceling I wasn't really into all that an thought no way that would help. My gp told me about cognitive behaviour. I got that bad an fed up with the way I felt I thought I would give anything ago. And it was the best thing I ever did. It really worked for me. Now I'm not convinced every pain is cancer or a heart attack. Xx
    • Posted

Yeah they have refered me to a counciling thing but got to wait till May just for a telephone consultation so you get that cold feeling in your head to? I also feel like I'm falling when I'm trying to sleep to and when I'm waking in the morning but when I'm up I don't get that xx
    • Posted

God that's a long time to wait isn't it. šŸ˜”. Yer I got it an sometimes it would go down my back an in my arms. I don't get that falling feeling. But I do no what u mean when u say u feel like you are in a bubble. It's like your own world an everythin goin on around you? Xx
    • Posted

Yeah I just feel so detached from everything and just feel so numb when relaxed but it prob the meds that's trying to relax me I spose. I just want to feel normal again I felt like this before my medication the bubble feeling but I still seem to have that feeling with the meds to I also get tingling in the back of my head to do you get this? Sorry I keep goin on lol your a great help though xx
    • Posted

Aww don't worry. If I can help one person feel better it make me feel that goin through the anxity was worth it. (Strange way of thinking I know). And a lot of people on this cite have helped me. It also helps me talkin to other people in the same situation. That buble feeling will go eventually. Haha yes I got the tingling in my head in my feet and in my hands. This is all the anxiey. I find getting in a nice hot bath with no one interrupting me really helps me relax or go an lay down and watch a easy to watch film. Xx
    • Posted

Yeah its helps me to speaking to people who are in the same situation I am only 20 and I just feel I am wasting the best years of my life worrying about things when I'm relaxing like watch Tele it's like my head is moving in circles if the makes sense my neck sometimes twitches aswell and I notice its worse when I'm anxious xx
    • Posted

I know exactly what you mean. I find when I try to relax I focus on it that much that I get panic cos I can't relax. It's so hard to do but we need to turn our brained off. Haha. Have you Tryed meditation someone on here told me about it. An that really helped. There are loads on utube. X
    • Posted

Yeah maybe I do need to do something like that I just have to put my head back constantly when I'm watching something I find watching Tele makes my headaches worse sometimes to do you ever get a pressure feeling behind you eyes and nose I get this sometimes xx
    • Posted

I sure do. I promise this will get better. Everythin you are saying is to do with anxiey. It's so hard to exept cos u can't belive that all this can be caused by anxiety also mabe the tablets. If you feel really unsure go an see ur gp again. Don't worry about it. God I was at the docs by the min when i stRted. An they were really good with me. You may need to change ur tablets or go on a higher. Or you might just feel better for the doctor just to say yes what ur having is normal. That's what I needed. I promise this will get better it feels like it won't but it will. Xx
    • Posted

I no I've been back and forth loads recently I'm goin next Monday for bloods and my ecg was normal but apparently the bottom reading was high which is my blood pressure so got to have my blood pressure checked to then I've got to go back again on the 14 for my blood results so will have a chat then if it hasnt improved I feel like a zombie lol xx
    • Posted

You will be fine. I'm no doctor but ov had everythin you have had an it was this horrible anxity an panic attacks. You sound exactly the way I was about a month or 2 ago. An now I'm not 100% better but im getting there. You just have to be strong. Once you been back the docs an got ur results back I bet u will feel so much better. Cod that's hanging over you.
    • Posted

Yeah I think your right its horrible how physical the symptoms of anxiety are and the attacks are horrible just can't see and my balance it horrible I have to sit down or I feel I will pass put competely then the pounding the sweating the headaches start then im sick and it all disappears

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.