Being stupid?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I think I know deep down the chance I caught anything is low to impossible, but I'm still a bit worried and would appreciate any advice, or being told I'm an idiot and not to worry.

I went for an STD test today (I live in China) at an STD clinic. But what's worrying me most is the blood test I had done today. I went in early morning, so I'm not sure if anyone else had had blood taken today, and there was no one in when I went. The guy taking blood already had gloves and a mask on, and was sat typing at a PC. I didn't think about this until I got home. The gloves were disposable but I don't think he changed them after each patient. I didn't see him put these on or take them off. Before he started he washed his gloved hands with what I think was hand sanitizer, but still. Should I be worried about that? He didn't touch the end of the needle, or my open needle hole  I don't think, except for when he put an antibacterial cotton swab on afterwards.

Another thing is that the cotton swap he put on the needle hole afterwards, I accidentally let it fall off about a minute or two later. This is probably stupid, but should I be worried about the elastic band he tied around my arm? Especially if the needle prick hadn't fully healed up yet?

I think my mind is desperately grasping for something to worry about. But the band and the gloves in particular are worrying me. If I wasn't in a developing country I might not worry so much. I seem to have gotten into a viscious cycle of thinking I will get an STD from an STD centre, maybe if this wasn't clean, or that had something on it and I touched it etc. Thanks again guys.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Ok yes you could be over worrying but if he never changed his gloves but om sure he did to me your mind playing trick but if still.worried go bk.woth a friend there's is no harm . going again do let

Me know take care ☺

• Posted

Why if your worry go back I would up to you what you do your own person
    • Posted

Well....ye ok. I could go and get tested again but I'd probably be worrying about catching something again. I'm more concerned of whether his gloves are actually a risk factor for catching something. I'd more or less told myself not to worry....until now.
    • Posted

Stop worrying gloves are fine go enjoy life

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.