Being unwell and anxiety

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone 

I came down with a tummy bug Sunday night and it’s left me feeling so so rubbish. I feel like my mood has completely changed, I feel so miserable, and I’ve been fighting to stop anxiety from creeping into my mind 😪 I haven’t been sleeping all that well due to how I’ve been feeling, and my diet has consisted of carbs and bland foods as I couldn’t tolerate anything else. So no fruit and veg, good food, or exercise has resulted in me feeling snappy and irritable and I just want to lie down and do nothing! Everything’s been a mess at home as I’ve had zero energy so that’s been making me anxious 😐 the only way to describe how I feel internally is as if I’m in despair and I just want to scream 🤦🏻??? Feel like I’ve been doing so well lately but today feels like the lowest day I’ve had in a while and it scares me a little.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I know how you feel.The thing is when suffering from anxiety the least thing going wrong throws one. On top of that a stomach bug can make you feel pretty rough. They usually clear up a few days so hopefully it will not be long before you start to feel better.
  • Posted

Hi Star,

I know exactly how you feel.  I started with a  doctor appt this week and she is thinking I have food poisoning after eating scallops at a restaurant the night before.  I am on day 7 now and after the  first 48 hours the worst was over but I still and not back to myself and still can’t eat much yet either.  My health anxiety went into overdrive and I convinced myself I had liver or pancreatic cancer.  Had a ton of blood work and all was normal but my anxiety  always makes me think they made a mistake and are wrong.  It is a vicious circle.  I know  you will be fine in a few days, it takes time for your body to get back to normal and in the meantime do everything you can to think positive.. that’s what I am trying to do...Linda

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.