belly button hurting again

Posted , 4 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

I had my surgery Nov. 11. Got back to doing things Dec. 6 and felt normal again by Dec. 8. But Friday Dec. 19 my belly button area started hurting really bad again. Pain started going to my left side. Its hard and hurts to bend again. I don't know why I hurting again. Is this normal?

Plus my kid sprained her right ankle and her knee popped out and back in, so she's in pain. I don't know why things are going so wrong. Feeling stressed.

1 like, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Lori

My op was at the end September, and its been ups and downs. Thinking really improving then pain, nausea, totally feeling unwell. After another respite back to the cycle again but things are improving though slowly. Give it time as my consultant said early days. Low fat diet and lifting.

• Posted

Hi Janet. I have been on my low fat diet. I got up Friday feeling fine but after awhile my belly button started hurting. I only went through picture cds that day to put christmas pictures together for my daughter of her passed christmas. I did a silly dance after breakfast. Since I was already hurting I had a hamburger and some fries but I didn't eat it all.

So we will have good days and then have a set back, great.

I'm staying on the low fat diet. Just wish I knew why it hurts when it wasn't hurting for so long. Feeling down! I got a lot to do for Christmas. Now that my daughter is hurt only my husband to lean on. I will leave the lifting to my husband.

Thanks janet!

Lori

• Posted

Husband thinks I should see my doctor but I'm sure he's going to say the same old junk, rest and take it easy. We have huge medical bills already that we can't afford.

I'm just frustrated. Feeling great then bamm feeling bad again. Its just not fair. April- september sprain shoulder with torn muscles, no pain meds. Oct- now gall bladder, I'm sick of the pain.

I'm a wreck!

• Posted

I take it your not in UK so I do not know how your system works. I think your husband is right and you should see your doctor. But be very strong and firm with what you want from him. Stress will not help you, try to relax maybe listen to some meditation music, you must find time for you to chill. As said before e it's still early days since op. Not everyone recovers at the same pace. No heavy lifting and rest. It is frustrating but if you rush it you will tAke longer to recover.
    • Posted

No I'm not in uk. I'm in Oregon, USA.

Been lazy all day still hurting. Hard to relax when my daughtergot hurt Friday and now she's in pain and giving me attitude. Try to help her yesterday and got my head biten off. So pretty much I'm screwed. Friday was her last day at school and now she's on winter break. She went to a party Friday night and her right knee went out and she sprained that ankle.

House isn't ready for Christmas. I haven't made a cake or cookies yet. I will send my surgeon a message tomorrow to see what he says. He will probably just tell me to rest.

My birthday was nov. 12. I had my surgery nov 11 and now I get a lousy christmas, not what I wanted. Wish I could get some good luck around here. Things keep getting worse.

• Posted

Hi I'm due to have my gallbladder removed tomorrow, really apprehensive ­čśĺ now I've developed a very mild cold/cough, luckily I feel fine and don't have a fever, panicking now incase surgery gets cancelled, I've waited so long!! Any advice you ladies can offer on what to expect, I'm in the UK, thanks and hope your symptoms resolve soon x
    • Posted

Lori, life does get crap at times, it's the way it goes. Had my share of personal disaster but have had to pick myself up and get on with life. It's not easy to do but you have to work around the ups and downs, can't help regarding your daughter, but do know you need time for yourself. Is there anyone around you can talk to? Sounds like you could do with a good friend.
    • Posted

Nelly if you are sick they will not do the surgery. Best to call your surgeon and let them know. Sorry you have to wait so long.

Drink a lot of water and rest. Don't left stuff. Eat a low fat diet. Feel free to ask any questions. This sight has helped me a lot.

Lori

• Posted

I have no family or friends who have time for me. I tried to pull myself together but husband just made things worse. I was trying to calm down and he just got mad at me and started yelling at me. I get panick attacks. He threw his cat. He has depression and has been doing good lately but its hard to answer when your crying so he just got mad. His cat is 15 years old and not in good health. He scared me and our daughter.

If I go to my room to relax he gets mad at me because he thinks I'm mad at him. So I was just trying to pull myself together in my chair. I'm a stay home mom. With six cats and four chickens.

My sprain shoulder was because of my husband, I knew he wasn't in his right mine so I didn't throw him out. He usuaslly is very caring but thinks when I don't talk that I'm mad at him, I did end up mad at him for throwing his cat. I was just trying to pull myself together, its hard to talk when having a panick attack and crying.

• Posted

Hope you get your op tomorrow. You must explain how you feeling. They have to mal see sure it's ok to op. You will be taken to your bed and then given a gown, doctor and amethyst will take you through everything that will happen. The best bit is when you go off to sleep. Wake up and its all over. Expect to be sore and uncomfortable for awhile. Take the meds they say. Good luck.
    • Posted

Hi Nelly I hope your surgery goes ahead as planned. I had my gallbladder a month ago today and I am slowly getting back to normal. I am still a little tender under the ribs on the right side when I take a deep breath in and my belly button is taking forever to heal up but I saw my consultant last week and he is happy with my progress. On the plus side I have had no tummy troubles but in the main I have been sticking to a low fat diet. For the first few days you will probably feel like you have been kicked in the ribs by a mule. By day 3 I was off the painkillers and it has been a steady recovery since. Try to move around as much as possible as soon as you can as that helps get rid of any gas they have left inside you and don't do any lifting for a few weeks, even now I am still asking my husband to get the shopping from the boot of the car....just to be on the safe side!! Anyway I hope it goes well and you make a speedy recovery. Regards Jan
  • Posted

Think you Ned to get some help lot, there must be an organisation that can help you? Do you have Samaritan s?
    • Posted

We have a womens care place. My chiroprator gave me their number back in April. I have thought about calling ever since April but I'm scared. I grew up in an abusive house hold. I know the way he's acting is from his depression, no excuse for hurting me plus it was my bad shoulder already- I hurt it in high school and I'm left handed so I can't do much when it hurts.

I get emotional easily. I wouldn't know how or what to do if I called womens place. I haven't worked since the 90's plus I'm not really healthy.

Daughter is helping me more today. She's over being mad at hurting her other leg, she starts therapy dec 26.

Stil have some pain today. So I'm not going to do anything much. Daughters going to bake cookies today. I can sit a frost them.

Janet thanks for caring. I really need support.

Lori

• Posted

Lori glad your daughter is helping. Maybe its a good idea to contact the womens care centre, as its good thing to talk things over, you are not commiting to anything and an independent person can be better. Just a chat over a cuppa often helps.
    • Posted

When my husband left us in Oct. I finally told a few friends what was going on it helped. But its Christmas time and I don't want to bring my problems to them. Family members don't care.

I sent a message to my surgeon to see what he says about the pain.

I know I should call the place but I'm scared too.  My husband went to see a cousounlor and he told her something our daughter said and we almost got child serves involved, I'm not going to losse my kid over his depression.  Luckly her seeing her school counselor got his counselor of our back.

Plus I don't want to call the center when my daughter is home. I cry easily and she worries about me.  I will try and call sometime. I just don't know how it will help.

I drink dr pepper or hot chocolate. I don't drink coffee or tea.  Plus we can't eat much with our diet right now.

Going to make cookies with daughter doing all the work. I can frost them.  Santa needs his cookies and carrots for the reindeers. She might be 12 but she still believes.

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up