Belly Button pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am a little over 4 weeks post op. I’ve had no issues and healed perfectly but the last few days, I’ve experienced pain and soreness in my belly button area where my stitches were. It hurts in the direct area and just a few inches from the area. Any thoughts on what’s going on?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I tore open the stitches I had below my bellybutton about 2 weeks post-op. Ended up getting infected and was oozing lots. Fast forward another few weeks (about 6 weeks post-op) it opened up again as had lots of pus underneath it. Once that was out and I’d had another week of antibiotics it finally healed. My bellybutton incision was seriously tender for the first couple of months too. Less so after getting all the pus and infection out of it though.

Hopefully it’s just things healing internally though xx

• Posted

Hi Carla, have you recently returned to lifting & physical activity? It can be a little sore at first, the incision itself should be healed(thats why they take out stitches after 7-14 days)it can also be scar tissue forming(which is normal & varies person to person)once completely healed it should soften and not feel like pulling/tearing etc..HOWEVER, If you have redness, swelling, warmth in area, itchiness or oozing, or if pain gets worse/deeper/spreads....it is worth calling your doctor...I would still avoid heavy lifting for a couple more weeks(if possible) & not wear tight clothing around your waist and keep your belly button itself clean and dry(actually the whole area of your belly button)...dont be afraid to ask your Dr. if you have ANY concerns, definately keep an eye on it...Best Wishes, hopefully its better in a few days💟

• Posted

Hi.i also had redness and pain in belly button area after my operation, canestan cream sorted it out..i also found it helpful not to wear jeans or anything with a button on your trousers to stop any rubbing against the area,wear leggings or jogging bottoms to avoid this x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.