Bemused .. Real Housewives of Meno .

Posted , 14 users are following.

Think I’m going to start my own realty show! Obviously going through this meno exhausted all the time watching loads of tv including Real Housewives .... how do they all do it ? I mean they are mostly 50 and older and yet they seem to be able to film ... dress up...hold down a job ... and travel ?

If 50% of women get the symptoms quite badly and 20% severely then how do they do it ???? 

2 likes, 40 replies

40 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

OMG, love the real housewives Lori, but not sure which ones you've been watching but there are plenty of women on the edge! You've got Vicki in Rhoc who argues with everyone and is aggressive, along with shanon with a tendency for weight gain and throwing plates. Ramon in rhony who permanently has hot flushes, so much so that she ordered her own air con to someone else's house, Sonia with libido through the roof, luann struggling with alcohol, fatigue and aggressive behaviour....... It's all there Lori, just in nice clothes smile xx

• Posted

Yes New York and Orange County are my favorites then there’s Bethenny who’s lost it and crying all the time .

But at least crying as a multi millionaire !

If I had all that money I’d hire somebody to just take me out for the day ... cook for me .. etc . At least you can buy company .

I could not travel the way I   Am and had to cancel a trip to Europe in June 😖. 

So at least they can travel go out etc . I cannot . 

• Posted

HRT and all kinds of stupid vitamins they think do them good, I for one will not go near the HRT, go it alone because HRT brings back your periods while on it, what's the point when your Dr takes you of it you'll start all over again with meno symptoms, just crazy 🤔🤔🤔

• Posted

Yes my holistic dr said just go through it as you’ll have to someday but I’m just too ill with it my symptoms are completely debilitating I guess I’ve got it BAD. Plus all this on top of just getting divorced and breaking up with my boyfriend a year ago feeling very lonely ... it’s just all too much . So I’m sticking the patch on and see if things improve .
    • Posted

Yes im like you, bt then I think there's people who have been given a few months to live, there's always somebody worse of than yourself, ours is a natural occurance, theirs isn't, food for thought I think 🤔

• Posted

Thank you for bringing this up!  I see that we are all thinking the same thing.  I honestly feel like they have lots of nutritionists and progressive doctors helping them...but then, like sassy said if you look closely, you can see bits and pieces.  What they want you to see.  Lol!
    • Posted

They probably look like trolls behind closed doors 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Posted

Those women are drugged. I assure you they are on antidepressants, anti anxiety, HRT, and smoking more dope than Snoop Dog. They also have the luxury of having the money to get experimental drugs that we can't get access to. Plus, they have maids, hairdressers, makeup artists etc. We just see them in print and a few hours on the movie screen. Let me tell you it's all smoke and mirrors.

• Posted

They must be as I could not film... travel... go out to endless events .... but you never hear that they can’t do the show due to ‘health reasons ‘ ? That would be me right now . No matter how much money they offered there’s been some days like yesterday where I was literally wiped out and could not do anything .
  • Posted

My husband works on a tv show here in the US and the lead actress on his show (Emmy and Oscar winning) has suffered terribly with menopause in the last few seasons. Behind the scenes of course! But I found it reassuring. Even with money and fame you can have horrrible menopause symptoms. I often wonder about poor Kate Spade and if part of her depression was meno sad 
    • Posted

Well that’s a bit more comforting but personally don’t know how they do it.... early call times ... long days ... having to look your best . I wish more celebrities would talk about it .... I mean they are quite open about post partum why not this ? I think it’s the stigma that if you go through meno you’re old and maybe a weakness to say that you can’t cope . 
    • Posted

Lori, in my thoughts I think woman will not openly talk about it as if it was an open subject, it would make us to many "trouble" employers would have second thoughts about hiring woman or try and push us out of a current jobs in the peri or meno age group as we may miss work, be less productive, be moody at work...and I can vouch that does happen as I never called in sick before the age of 40, but between 40 and 45 I probably called in sick at least 15 days each year, when I was at work I had a hard time consintrating, was less productive, was quite moody or emotional at times over things that didn't bother me before peri, my job was stressful but before 40 I loved the stress but at 45 I had to take time off, couldn't go back and had to take a lower paying job that was physical as I can't handle heavy brain work anymore, due to the brain fog days. Back in the day, they used to ship woman off to mental institutes, so of course it's been kept a secret for many many generations...woman just whispered "she is going through the change" like it's a deep horrible secret as if men found out, even today, there would be a stigma around woman our age.

Maybe we can't be open to the whole world, but I wish more woman would talk to each other about it openly, if I had of known what the syptoms were before it happened, it wouldn't have stopped it, but I would have purhaps handled a few things better, instead of trying to figure out why I was going so crazy for the first few years.

• Posted

Totally agree ! I wasted so much money on different kinds of therapies thinking it was PTSD .... boy was I wrong . I wasn’t educated though ... NOBODY told me it could be so bad that you literally lose your mind and go crazy !

I am in complete shock sat here . I can’t believe the severity of the symptoms and why aren’t we warned ? 

• Posted

I agree, I had no idea it would be this rough, I am on the better side for now and functional most of the time, but it really messed up 5 years of my life and between lower income now and all the stupid supplements I tried I'm sure it's has costs me thousands.

Have a good night, hope you feel better tomorrow.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.