Bereavement of husband

Posted , 3 users are following.

My husband died in March and I miss him terribly every day. Sunday is a long day and I feel it more then.

Each day when I wake up it hits me - today is another day that I haven't got him. I would like to make some contact with him just to know that he is happy and hopefully watching over me. This is the hardest emotional journey I have ever been on.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

My condolences on the loss of your husband.  I have been having a lot of health issues since January and am starting to consider my own mortality more than ever.  I am 50.  My wife is 12 years older than me and I absolutely dread the prospect of not having her in my life.  My wife's first husband passed away from pancreatic cancer and I pray that she doesn't have to take care of another sick man in her golden years.

Time is the best healer.  It took my wife many years to find her way back from her first husband's death.  I have not experienced the loss of a life partner, but I'm certainly not looking forward to it.  I wish you serenity and peace of mind as you go through this difficult time.  Try to spend more time with your family and friends.

• Posted

These are still early days in the grieving process and you are still experiencing los acutely. Your husband may well be watching over you and willing you to cast your mind over all the times you spent together.  Your memories of him preserve him into the present and friends and family are a testament to the lives he touched and will always touch despite his death. It's bound to be painful after so short a time but your memories of him are treasures that link you to him and become part of what you cherish.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.