Best time to take Cit?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I just recently started taking 20mg Cit (I took my 2nd dose last night) and I find that I have anxiety upon waking. Would it be better for me to take it in the morning rather than at night?

0 likes, 11 replies

Report / Delete

11 Replies

• Posted

That's the same thing I've been wanting to know, I guess we kind of have to play around with it to see which time works best. I've been on 10 mg going on 6 weeks now but started on 5 mg for 5 weeks, so totally been on the cit for going on 10 weeks now. But also remember you'll have side effects for awhile and in time they'll get better, been told to try and stock it out though that it's a good medicine once were' use to it. Good luck! People on here know more than I do, keep alongs questions, they'll answer you, you'll feel not so alone coming to this website. Cindt
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

The anxiety is unfortunately a side effect as you start them.

I always used to take them in the morning, mainly so I didn't forget to take them, but I also found they made it more difficult to get to sleep.

From what I have read it suits some people better to take in the evening, some in the morning.

It is best to keep it consistent time of day though, and bear in mind if you take one night then switch to morning there might only be a gap of 8 hours instead of 24 hours between doses which is not ideal. It would be best to take a few hours earlier each day for a few days, so the gap is closer to 24 hours.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Ok great! I can't believe the side effects can kick in so soon but I am going to stick it out since everyone seems to go through the same thing. I'll be glad when they subside!
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

tcaro, hoping you are not hit by too many side effects, but the great thing is having support on the days you may feel a little wobbly. I am happy you are determined and here's to a good start. We are all in the same boat. Good going! Lee.
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up