Best time to take Citalopram

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi anybody advise on when is the best time to take it. I changed to nights but now I keep waking up in the middle of the night.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I take   it around 7am or whenever I wake up I think it would disturb my sleep to take it at night
  • Posted

Morning for me too, once it is fully working you can take it any time as your body is used to the med.
  • Posted

I take mine in the morning as soon as my feet hit the floor, I've seen from others on here that disturbed sleep happens if you take them at night

• Posted

Ive always taken mine when I go to bed as it’s got a slight sedative effect which can help sleep, so I’m surprised you’re having trouble with your sleep. 

Maybe try to take it in the day and see how you get on. 

• Posted

there is no best time too take this medication ,it is just trial and error
  • Posted

I may try morning again to see if it helps with my sleep 
    • Posted

I took it at night the first time I was on it 2013 but in 2017 when I went back on it again I had same issue

It’s really because initially it does disturb you until it’s settked

However such is all our desperation! And the fact that we know this will happen as we have been here before,,, I too moved to am

When I woke around 3/4 I took my night time one to shift the clock as it were

Then just at 8:9/10 whenever I wake up now

It is trial and error. What is best for you - and it takes time for the drug to settle into your system anytime 

But we all want to be A1 ASAP don’t we🌻

You have to manage yourself as well in the aftermath 

Fernando 21 wrote something really helpful about this ages ago

I keep it to help myself and remind me. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.