Better days

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, i have been on mirt for about 6 weeks now (was on sertraline before and i went further downhill)and that in conjunction with cbt is working. I am going back to work in the next couple of weeks. I have enrolled onto a course on something i love doing(lost my way while ill). And i am having more good days than bad at last i still have negative thoughts but i deal with it best i can and move on.. my support network has diminished but it has shown me who i can trust to be there. Hubby is a work in progress!! I am under no illusiin all is rosy all the time but at the moment it is xx we can do this x

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Dear Julie,

I'm glad to learn that you are having more good days than not. Keep taking good care of yourself. I've found that CBT takes longer than I thought it would, but it works very well.

Cheers

• Posted

Thank you Karin, yes think the CBT will take longer than i thought because i still seem to go over the same things as previously. But i am trying to put myself outside the situation and look at it from a different point of view. Doesn't work all the time. But it does some, better than none. X

• Posted

Hi Julie, I take both sertraline 150mg and no real improvement with 15mg mirtazapine at night.

I wondered the dose you are on as I'm also on Pregabalin 150mg at night which is like to come off totally.

Just wondered the dose really and are you having the appetite increase. Thank you

• Posted

Hi lynn i was on 15mg for 7 days, 30mg for 4 weeks and now on 45mg. I have the increased weight(put a stone in in about 4 weeks) but keeping it at bay with healthy eating and exercise. (This is what i love doing). Trying to keep to a routine so i can manage it better. Hope this helps. X
    • Posted

Thanks Julie, does the increased dose still help you to sleep which is mainly what I take it for. However 15mg combined with Pregabalin 150mg I'm unable to stop eating. I'm a early retired psyche nurse myself and have battled depression and chronic insomnia since my teens and can't stop eating. I'm 17st 10lbs and have chronic asthma and severe osteoarthritis and think should I try and reduce Pregabalin or mirtazapine but together I sleep well but hunger is unbelievable. Thanks for reply xx good luck x

• Posted

My sleep pattern has changed since the 15mg. Some nights are really good others not so good. While on 15mg slept like a log and felt better for it. Once the 30mg settled i started to sleep better. Now the 45mg is settling too. Still have some weird dreams (dreamt neighbour drove his car through our garden into a field and was doing wheelspins!!!) Apart from that alot better. The anxiety has reduced from being daily to a couple of times this week. Still paranoid if i still have any friends left, but thats somethibv else 😢. Hope this helps. Xc

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.