Better emotionally but. Physically shattered

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have started back at work after several years unemployed.

Mentally I am in a great place after coming off alot of medication.

Physically I feel shattered though anyone got any ideas on supplements to boost my energy levels?

Many thanks in Advance

Jo

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jo, I take B Complex, also a premium quality fish oil (Eskimo Oil Brainsharp,liquid but also available in capsule form)You probably know that nothing can take the place of a really good diet,fish & other proteins,vegetables,fruits and all that good stuff!I really believe we are what we eat...I know that if I eat junkfood for more than one day,I feel like s...So I try eating Pizza/similar only occasionally!..I would say the B Complex are important for energy,nervous system etc.Also you could take it in the form of Nutritional Yeast Flakes made by Marigold Health foods.It is absolutely delicious in soups to boot.It's rich in the B's.You can buy it online if you've no health food store near you....All the best,Sally x
    • Posted

hi sally would i have anything to gain from taking vitamin b complex tablets whilst taking venlafaxine,quintapine and amitriptalyne for depression and anxiety ! aslo i take ramparil for high blood pressure and opramazole any help would be gratefully accepted  david 
    • Posted

David...Put it this way:you certainly have nothing to lose.A good diet is the most important thing for all of us!And believe me,I don't always practice what I preach!I think we put such a concoction of "toxins" in the way of various medications into our poor bodies,we can only try making good with the nutritious guys like fruit,veggies,nuts,proteins....Etc
    • Posted

hi sally i will try anything its just that ive been feeling lethargic for ages  and could be needing a pick me up david x
    • Posted

Thanks Sally.

The B vitamins Seem to have a good reputation.

I have tweaked my Diet alot in the last twelve months and Thats helped me alot.

Thanks again for the advice

Jo

• Posted

Hi Krollette

Well done being off your medication. I am 4 weeks off and feeling better than ever. I was so worried about relapsing without antidepressants I did heaps of research on supplements. I find l tyrosine 1500mg daily, in 3 doses has given me pick up and energy. A multivitamin a day also helps with absorbing the tyrosine.

Everyone is different but The Mood Cure by Julia Ross MD is brilliant for comprehensive guidance. Otherwise its a bit of a minefield out there in the world of supplements. A really good, healthy diet cant be underestimated either.

Good luck.

• Posted

I have just ordered the book you reccomended. After 6 years on medication I am Trying to do things in a more natural way.

Thanks again

• Posted

Hi Jo and Abella....Thanks both for your posts.I've ordered a copy opf the book too!It sounds interesting,thank you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.