Better quality sleep.

Posted , 6 users are following.

First knee done 8 years ago no problems, I am 17 weeks po second knee, and still wake every 2-2 1/2 hours but I am getting back to sleep quicker and the sleep is better quality.   I can feel the benefit already. ( I wasn't a great sleeper in any case)

I am nearly back to normal, knee doing well, still doing the straightening exercise, massaging and using my exercise bike 3 x 8 mins each day, walking faster outside. No pain, no meds.Stairs no problem going up and down normally.

Only one small grumble, knee very sensitive, stitch showing under skin and can't wear my normal jeans only light skirts. But apart from that life is good at age 75.

Hazel xxx

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sounds good.  I'm seven weeks in now and had bad week,  knee so sensitive to everything,  I can walk fine take dog out three times for short strolls. But sitting and lying is the worse for me.  It is making me so grumpy, I had one knee done many years ago and it is good so that Spurs me on,  I can use exercise bike, bend is over one hundred, straight not brilliant yet,  physio next Tuesday,  jackie 
  • Posted

Great to hear that you are doing so well hazel. Keep up the good work. 
  • Posted

All sounds good to me.

I had trouble sleeping after TKR 3 years ago and somehow it has changed my sleeping pattern. Although I do not wake up in pain any more, I still wake up almost every night, which I never used to do. Sometimes it takes me a long time to get back to sleep.

However, knee itself is very successful and cannot grumble.

Sarah xxx

• Posted

Brilliant Hazel. Your an inspiration xx. I'm 6 week post op and feel

Like iv just turned another corner. Pain is now more of an ache except when I'm

Trying to do bending knee exercise but I can cope with that ! I'm 58 and looking forward to quality time now being able to walk without pain and have fun with the family , plus missing my work pals so roll

On September when I can go back after the summer hols xx

• Posted

so pleased all has progressed well for you, I have the same problem with my scar which thr doc terms hypersensitivity, he reckons this will have passed by about 6months post op, so hang on in there, best wishes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.