Beware! Do not read if you are about to have lunch or a queasy disposition!

Posted , 6 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Hi,

I have been on Olistat 2 weeks today but over the weekend have had quite  a bit to drink (not usual) and last night had a small amount of pastry, in the form of quiche. All night I have been leaking the horrible yellow oil, never seen so much even from the beginning when I hadnt been on a low fat diet, this morning my motions are absoultely black and not at all pleasant!!!!

Ha snayone elae had this problem and couls anyone explain to me why it has happened

Thank you 

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

Hiya. It's because you had pastry!!! It's very high in fat so your body is getting rid of it it's what the tablets do. I made the mistake once - never again lol.

I drank all the time on the tablets and never had any effect I guess it's the quiche !!!!

• Posted

HI Thankyou, I wont be doing it again in a hurry. horrible experience! I am hoping that the next 2 weeks will show a good result, only lost 2 lb so far in the first 2 weeks x 
  • Posted

Bless you, I'm only 5 days in and eating a very low fat/calorie diet. .. only because I'm terrified of this happening. .A learning curve, but it will make you eat more carefully now you've had this experience. . I don't drink anymore ..Thank god, because the nights always ended with a doner kebab haha x
    • Posted

I only had a quarter of a quiche, I forgot about the egg and chesse conten as well as the pastry though. I feel blooming awful, hot, and tummy grumbling, dashing to the loo constantly.

If anyone is contemplating eating fat to lose more DONT, it is horrible experience!!!!

I am at work too but fortunaltly the only female to use the toilets downstairs GROSS x

• Posted

Hi yes it would of been the quiche and u probably haven't lost that much as alcohol is very high and u don't realise your having that many x
    • Posted

HI Biancarose, i am a bit confused about the latter end of your comment, could you explain it for me please. Thank you x
    • Posted

Booze is very high in calories, no fat but full of empty calorie. They say 3 glasses of wine is the same as having a Big Mac!!! So even if your eating healthy if ur drinking your loss won't be as good x
    • Posted

I have only had yesterday afternoon drinking, so that wouldnt count for the previous fortnight and only losing 2lb. I have read on here it appears to take approx 3 weeks to get into your system and then the loss is more favourable, unless of course you hvae been following a low fat plan

• Posted

I'm a bit confused to this as well, as Oralist is watching fat content  not calories ??

• Posted

I have looked through other posts and the majoriyt say they have had no siude effects form alcohol consumption - baffeled : ((
    • Posted

Low fat is what you need to keep too, this way you won't get the side effects, 

Booze is no fat but high calories.. and at the end if the day that's what you're going to need to burn off, by sticking to a low fat low calorie diet you're just making your success more likely,  

I decided to take this route,  I'm in no way messing about this time, my knee is very bad so I want this extra 5 Stone off as fast as possible,  I've basically set up a home gym and do not intend to fail, we all have reasons for wanting to lose the weight mine is for a better quality of life smile xxx

• Posted

Quiche is more than 5g of fat per 100g that's why you had the side effects you can drink on the tabl;ets no problem the side effects will clear up in the next 24-48 hours
  • Posted

Sorry the last comment was a quick one before work... As you now know it would be of been the quiche.. And now you have said that you drank after you weighed your self I now realise.. Anyway as for the alcohol no it is not fat contented but low alcohol is empty calories so if you have been eating very well yet still have having alcohol then you wouldn't lose as much weight as there are a hell of a lot of calories in wine, larger etc they say a pound consists of 3,500 calories.. And no they aren't any side affects to drinking but it may affect your weight loss.. Sorry if I'm not helping lol  x
    • Posted

Hi Shelagh, it's eased a lot! 😜 just had a nice bath, to soothe the sore bits lol!!!! Won't ever do that again, I think each of us tolerates different things, there is no hard and fast right or wrong, but when you find your tipping point, it's not pleasant. Thankyou for asking x

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up