beyond fed up.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've explained in one of my other posts I have put about myself (however I'm too sure how this site works yet) anyways my anxiety is usually lingering around somewhere, however I work night shifts and usually I find this can make my anxiety worse and can bring on panic attacks. I actually love my job but I feel like night shifts and the lack of sleep doesn't really sit well with my anxiety especially as I have no one to really talk to because we'll everyone who could calm is asleep ...Any advice welcome please

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

My son also works a graveyard shift, and has had to go to the hospital for anxiety. He is changing shifts. Is that a possibility for you? Are you on medications? Lack of sleep will cause anxiety to be worse. And not eating on schedule. Therapy? Hope you find a solution xx
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply, due to other commitments it isnt really an option for me to change at the moment. I do have Medication, it's called propranolol, this does help but I try to only take them when I really really need it as I try to settle and overcome it myself. But your right as it's unsociable hours I struggle to find support at say 3am in the morning. I have had some CBT cognitive behaviorial therapy however that was a few years ago..It's just tonight is not a great night for me. Thanks for your comment also. Jen

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

See if you can switch shifts. If not consult with your physician about options that will play into your routine. Good luck!
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

If your job screws you up then change it if you can to working in the day, if you are sleeping in the day and working all night that to me is a bummer
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up