Bi Lateral hip replacement

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi everyone just wanted to let you all know I have had my 3 month assessment and everything went really well no problems whatsoever. I am going for long walks, sleeping on both sides and in no pain at all. My life is back pain free I am so happy. I cannot thank you all enough for your fantastic support I was so scared but you all gave me the strength and courage to go through with the operation. Thank you one and all. Love Ann xxx

L

6 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I'm so pleased for you! I can't imagine having both hips done together, one was ok. Well done, and I hope you continue to go from strength to strength.

• Posted

Hi Ann, 

congratulations !!!! 

celebrate and embrace life, darling ...

cheers

big warm hug

renee

• Posted

Hi:  I am having a bi lateral hip replacement in June.  Both hips are equally as bad as each other and my orthopedic surgeon says that he feels I am young enough and fit enough to handle having both done at the same time.  I know they need to get done but I am so very scared.  It is nice to read a positive outcome from you and I am hoping that mine will be the same.  Any words of advice on how to handle the fear??  Did you have a genreal or just the spinal and then drugs through an IV?
    • Posted

I'm having a revision of my twenty year old hip replacement and when I talked to the anaesthetist last week she said that it would have to be a general as the surgery could take as long as five hours and that a spinal was only good for two to three hours. I think therefore it would have to be a general for doing two hips at the same time.

Hope this helps.

Cheers Richard

• Posted

Hi Helen

I had a bi lateral done on the 19th January and haven't looked back it was the best thing I have done. I had a general which worked for me. The first couple of weeks were tough but that awful pain had gone. I am now walking normally and living a full life pain free with no medication.

All the very best to you. Ann x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.