BI-LATERAL PATELLO-FEMORAL REPLACEMENT

Posted , 5 users are following.

I AM NOW 14 WEEKS AFTER HAVING BOTH KNESS PARTIALY REPLACESED AT THE SAME TIME (BI-LATERAL PATELLO FEMORAL REPLACEMENT) .I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF ANYONE ELSE ON THE FORUM HAS HAD THIS DONE AS I AM STILL STRUGGLING WITH THE PAIN AND SEMI SLEEPLESS NIGHTS .I WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO SQUAT DOWN AND STAND BACK UP WITHOUT SUPPORT SO WAS WANDERING HOW LONG THIS MIGHT TAKE.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I've olny had 1 replaced and it's a mess. I was told 6m to yr to squat. Early days in replace. U will be ok. What I do is take a pillow under my leg and behind back and between leg. Good luck. Xxx
  • Posted

I too only had one knee partially replaced 7 weeks ago ( Oxford unicompartmental replacement) and that has been quite enough pain to cope with. I saw my surgeon yesterday who was satisfied with my 90 degree bend but is optimistic that if I persevere with the exercises I can achieve better results over the next 6 months to a year. I think its a case of the recovery for this op(s) takes more time than we ever expect. I thought I'd only miss one or two of my Pilates classes !!!

• Posted

I am having same issue. My bend ain't goos. Best luck. Xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.