Bicycling

Posted , 9 users are following.

My physio recommended I try cycling (stationary). As I'm still unable to fully rotate the pedals she said to go "forward and backwards", rotating them as far as I could until, eventually, I would be able to rotate fully. 

All was going well until a few days back when my un-operated side foot slipped off the pedal which allowed the TKR side to fully rotate.

Well, ouch to say the least!! It killed (not literally obviously), but it hurt greatly may I say? After a few tears popped out, and much gnashing of teeth went on, my leg ached tremendeously for a while and swelled quite a lot. I immediately iced it and rested (and haven't been near the bike again).

My question is, could I have damaged it? Now the flex I'm able to do is less than before and the pain, while not too bad, is certainly a little more. 

Thank you. 

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I agree, if my knee is hurting I take some meds and get on the bike. It really eases it. You feel it as soon as you get off. I am looser and able to walk about again.
  • Posted

Hi lorene30860 yes the stat bike in my laNGUAGE AFRIKAANS I CALL IT A MARTELPYP sorry caps but was meant to be lol it was like a machine that was used to do terrable things to criminals of henious crimes or so i thought when i got on the first time ha ha i think climbing mnt everest is easier. but allas after some same difficultys and just mounting it i got the hang of it now on 12 weeks 15 mins twice a day on 50% settingn, have some fat to lose too lol but keep it slow and continue dont stop and dont overdo please this is where more means less regards danie 61 south africa

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.