bile levels after op

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone

Would welcome some advice from anybody who has had gallbladder removed had mine out on Saturday and now feel like I have a stomach full of bile! started feeling sick last night rang hospital for advice they said it might be painkillers still feel sick today - when I am sick it is just bile disgusting I know but sorry. Has anybody else suffered the same after the op and how did you deal with it :cry:

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

i found the best way to deal with the bile is to eat little and often for now - your body has not adjusted to providing bile on demand and a small amount of food will allow the bile to do its job (if you can manage it at the moment) even now if i skip a meal or eat late i gan get sick from bile - just let your system get used to things for the time being - hopefully things will settle down ... if the problem persists pester your gp ... even now if i am going out for a meal of eating late i have a couple of crackers to sort the problem before it ruins my evening!!

all the best - hopefully it will only be a tempory blip!

vix

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Youll probably have a few bouts of green slime diarrhoea aswell, maybe a few weeks on Omeprazole (lowers the amount of stomach acid you produce) would make more room in your Stomach for temporarily storing any overflow smile
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Thanks for your advice - got husband to push me round Asda today in wheelchair have stocked up on rice cakes, crackers ect and keep eating little and often, and have found that takes away the nausea. My GP has given me a prescription for something to stop me feeling sick but just feel at the minute that I have had so many drugs pumped into me feel like going down the natural route if possible. Like you say your body has got to adapt itself to the constant bile flow at least I know my liver is doing its job :D

On a lighter note had a visit from a friend today she thought that your gallbladder was in your neck, i said I'm glad you didn't go my op :lol:

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Benji

I had this on about day 4 after surgery, but as the others have said your body will adjust, it just takes time. I discovered the pitfall of missing a meal the other day, skipped lunch and by tea-time i felt so sick, acidy and generally ill I felt like i was on the verge of an attack! Thankfully my hubby was there and made me a sandwich, and within an hour of eating it i felt much better. Won't be making that mistake it was scary :? I also find now i have to have a bit of supper about 9pm or i end up waking in the night all acidy

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Tracker

Thanks for your comments, I know just what you mean about having to have supper I have my tea at about 6ish and by 8.30 I am starving again. Don't know if it is an effect of all the bile but stomach seems to empty really quickly. Another strange side effect I have had is I have totally gone off tea and coffee even herbal tea I have never gone off tea before even when pregnant smile

Benji

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up