bin on them for 3 days now

Posted , 2 users are following.

hiya ive bin on orlistat for 3 day now ive messed my self a few time now dose that mean thay aint workin i have not eat any fatty foods could some 1 tell me if thay r workin 4 me :

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

if you have messed yourself it means that you are consuming too much fat, you should have no more than 30g fat a day and no more than 15g in any one meal, snacks should be kept low fat or none at all inbetween meals. orlistat works by removing 1/3 of the fat you consume and if its 1/3 of a 9g meal for example then 3g of fat will not be noticed as it exits when you natually go to the toilet, if however you have a 30g meal then 10g of that will be noticable as it exits in a more urgent state.
  • Posted

hiya wot r the best things 2 eat
  • Posted

the best things to eat are things that contain less than 5% fat per 100g, in a typical day i eat:

breakfast - bowl of cereal with 1% fat milk (less fat than semi skimmed) and a mug of cadburys highlights hot chocolate.

lunch - low fat soup (weight watchers or homemade), fruit, sometimes a low fat yogurt too.

dinner - jacket potato, no butter or cheese, with a low fat beef bolognaise i make myself (extra lean mince, mushrooms, tinned tomatos, sweetcorn, peas, garlic, tomato puree) and for pudding a weightwatchers frozen desert

if you're on these tablets you shouldnt be having butter, the best substitute is flora extra light in a purple tub, all other butters and spreads are high fat, if you can cope without its best. cheese is a high fat issue, some places sell low fat cheese but you can't have much per sitting, its often not worth it. some meats can be fatty and unless lean should be avoided, also watch what you cook your meals in, you can get low fat spray but most oils are bad.

sainsburys do a 'be good to yourself' range which is good but really you need to be looking at the packaging of foods, you'll soon learn whats good and whats bad.

when i started i kept a diary of what i ate and kept count of the amount of fat i ate for each meal which i found useful, you might do too.

hope that you found this useful

• Posted

thank u 4 that its very help full

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.