Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement ???

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi again my primary care doctor want put me on HRT drugs due to risk she want even talk much about them totally against it! She has sent me to a compounding pharmacist ! 60.00 fee he does a question aire and then speaks with me for a 45-1 hour consultation in person or over the phone and will make a Creme to rub on abdomen area designed for my symptoms has anyone ever done this or heard of this it's with

Andrews Apothecary

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

I tried a progesterone cream. Didnt do anything for me. A few years later, I tried an oestrogen cream. It did nothing either. If there is a cream out there that might work, I would give it a go. It depends on the severity of your symptoms.

• Posted

Hey Alison I have got extreme symptoms with hot flashes sweats not sleeping is really bad dry skin dang the list goes on only thing I can so for now going to give it a shot 100% money back he is local here ! If this doesn't work I will be finding a new GYN for sure ! Hope you have a good day!!

• Posted

Not something I have heard of, but did your doc SAY they were bio-identical? If they are it is worth a shot. Our health trust won't do them,just prefer to dole out the 'conventional' cxxp.

To balance things out he should be doing a mix of oestrogen and progesterone tailored just for you.

• Posted

Bobby girl you are so exactly right ! Tailored to me he will tweak it as needed! I'm excited to give it a shot takes up to 48 hrs turn around ! You apply it to inside lower arms , neck or upper chest area after you shower he said about same time each day or close to it ! Some can tell a difference with in few days some take a little longer !! Andrews Apothecary

• Posted

Why don't you go to your gynecologist rather than a primary care doctor, who is just a general practitioner and isn't well versed in women's issues?

• Posted

Sochima I had TAH in June was under gyn care and last appointment 2 weeks ago had blood work done for hormone check I think this new very young doctor I had been given my Dr moved or relocated and I had a post op recheck and a list of crazy things to much going on for this guy! I hadn't heard about results so I called his nurse said results were menopause and dr said go back to primary so I was stuck I like my primary dr she close to my age and get it!

• Posted

When I asked my Gynae about the right HRT for me (and whether I should take it at all) he said 'talk to your doctor, he'll sort something out. I don't do that sort of thing'. When I said my doc was a GENERAL Practioner the Gynae just shrugged.rolleyes

• Posted

It like they don't want to fool with it! But I think I'm on to something that will work ! I've done it all online and over the phone just had to have my family dr sign off on it and she will she sent me to this guy so you don't have to be in his present to get this done! Look him up

Andrews Apothecary

• Posted

Bobby what country are you in? This sounds very strange to me because gyne's here are the ones who prescribe HRT.

• Posted

I'm in the far west of Northern Ireland. Our nearest hospital is 25 miles away. Brand-new hospital and equipment, out of date ideas about health.

• Posted

Yep! It wouldn't surprise me if they had a jar or two of leeches somewhere!

• Posted

Leeches are beneficial for some blood issues and are still used so no it wouldn't surprise me either!

• Posted

Sochima it was my GYN that sent me to primary care doctor I'm in US u got a replacement dr when mine moved away just before my last post op check appointment the new dr I got was really young and I had to much going on for him to take on so he put it off only primary dr ! Beats all I've ever heard! I'm trying a Bio- identical hormone therapy they called me to say it ready for puck up! Check this out online Andrews Apothecary

• Posted

Then call around for a new gyne who can prescribe HRT or a new gp that is older than you!
    • Posted

I think this Bio identical hormone therapy going to do good he said he will have me more balanced than I've been in 10 years so I'm excited to try it he has it ready but I didn't have enough time to go get it yesterday! He will tweak it each prescription I get ! My GP is a little older than me but she doesn't put her patience on any due to risk! So I'm hopeful with this Creme he has made just for my symptoms!! I will let you know how it work soon!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.