Bio Identical Hormones

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi Ladies,

Is anyone taking oestrogen and progesterone bio identical hormones? What are the results? And

Is this available to us on the NHS in the UK?

I'm desperate to try them as have read only good things about it.

Thank you.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, 

I'm not sure that bio's are available on the NHS in cream form etc... we don't seem to have a good variety like in the U. S.

I asked about it at my GP surgery and she wouldn't even discuss it but said it was off formulary in the UK..? 

There is a clinic in London that deals with bio's but it's a private kind of thing and sounds costly when I looked into it. 

I'd be interested in hearing other experiences as some ladies seem to have more choice when they are referred to a consultant or such like... 

I'm using patches at the mo but I'm not feeling great on them. 

I'd be interested to know how you get on if you do manage to try bio's. 

Thanks and best wishes, 

A. x

• Posted

I’m in uk and bought some online, unfortunately I had such nause immediately on rubbing the cream in my leg, that I have not been able to continue.  I may not be usual but it certainly did not suit me sadly even though I tried a few times to see if I could get used to it, I didn’t.  I know it is helpful to others.  
  • Posted

I believe they are available in UK as my GP is looking into giving them to me. I think you have to have an understanding Dr or endocrine consultant to get them as I believe they are more expensive to prescribe than the traditional HRT. Ask your Dr, and if no go, get an appointment with an endo who will be able to give you bio HRT. Hope this helps you. XXX
    • Posted

I have an appointment next week so will see what my g.p says.

Failing that, am seeing a gynaecologist in July. Hoping for a good outcome x

• Posted

Hi Tina, 

Can you let me know what bio's you are given and whether they are on formulary as I will look into it again with my GP. 

Thanks, 

A. 

• Posted

At moment I am on patches but my GP is investigating bio HRT for me as I am in an at risk category. As soon as I know I will pm you and let you know what he sorts out for me and you can go to your Dr with some names. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.