Bipolar ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm on week 6 off work with depression , Anxitey and taking citolpram 30mg and awaiting mental health assement for bipolar was wondering how long is the usual wait and is this long enough for meds to be working as I seem to be getting worse not better , in very dark place at mo .

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

As I remember we started our ordeals around the same time. I'm definitely hitting lower now. I felt better for a few days somewhere in the middle, but steady decline now. I hope you get answers and start feeling better soon.
  • Posted

Hi Richard 

Im in the UK  I was very lucky my gp referred me to psych at the begining of March and I have an appointment for 30/3/2016,but I think the wait is usually around 6 weeks.

Dont suffer in silence if you are in a dark place go back to your gp and tell them your thoughts

Stay strong and good luckbiggrin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.