Bipolar and PIP

Posted , 3 users are following.

Bipolar pip review ...... I have just received my rewiew form ..., not much space but I’ll just do as before .. write my eveidence .., of which I had no medical reports only gave names of my therapist cpn and phychiatrist ... my first claim for pip made me so I’ll it was horrendous.. with my review I’m a little less distressed ... the only changes were cpn retired ... I didn’t cope so got my physco analyctic therapist weekly .... he has opened a new can of worms of child hood issues .., is this a change in circumstances... because some other issues have been raised other than bipolar ...

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

You should never rely on them contacting any medical professionals for any evidence because it's very rare they do this. The onus is on you to make sure you send evidence to support your claim, it's your job to prove those descriptors apply to you and not their job. You were extremely lucky the first time to be awarded without sending in any evidence. I most certainly wouldn't take that chance again. My advice is make sure you send evidence with the form. 

Don't be fooled by the shortened version of the form, you need to make sure you write as much information down as possible.  There's no difference between a review than a first claim, other than the form is shorter. The rest of the process is exactly the same and most people have another face 2 face assessment. No award is safe.

A change of circumstances is when a person has either got better and their condition has improved, or they've got worse, i'm not sure what you mean by "is opening a new can of worms classed as a change of circumstances". You need to write on that form exactly how your conditions affect you. Good luck.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply ... I thought they must have contacted at least my psychiatrist .... after being awarded standard rate pip .... I have a psychoanalytic therapist due to extreme stresses and agitation .... he has related these to traumatic child hood experiences..., therefore apparently my bipolar moods are heightened .... this has given me a little insight as to what can affect your moods and bipolar .... basically I didn’t realise only from being in therapy that my bipolar could have been as far back as being a child .... sorry for going on but I too find it confusing ... so Do i report child hood issues 
    • Posted

The decision letter will tell you exactly what they based the decision on. It's very rare they contact anyone for any evidence. Don't just assume they do and don't send any evidence because I can't tell you the amount of people that have had a review for PIP and gone on to lose everything they had and been refused. Only 52% of reviews are successful.

You need to explain in the form how your condition affects you when you answer the questions. Take a look at the PIP descriptors to see where you can score those points will also help. Good luck. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.