Bipolar disorder and depression

Posted , 4 users are following.

I suffer from being bipolar and depression. I have been in and out of hospital for years.The meds for me don't work very long.I always hear things like (cheer up)there's light at the end of the tunnel.

Perhaps there might be. However I seem to never be able to see it.people who don't have bipolar disorder and depression don't know what life is like with it.They really don't understand the struggles you go through on the daily based.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

So true Gary know one wants to know us let alone help us if you’re tunnel is like mine the light is a train I hope one day they find the right meds for you as for me I don’t want to be here it’s my life but it’s illegal to end it so I just have to live in hell for ever. 
  • Posted

Hi gary - one of the most damaging reactions from those lucky enough not to endure mental health disorders is the dismissal of another's suffering, the ignorant suggestion that we are "imagining it," or the throwaway line "get over it."  They are lucky they don't know what they are talking about.

• Posted

Hi Gary 

‘I know this won’t help much but I too suffer from bipolar and I hear you... those who make throw away comments like “cheer up” are woefully ignorant about mental illness, those comments are despicable and should be treated with the contempt they deserve,. The battle you fight every day is incomprehensible to those lucky enough to stand on the outside of it. It is a shame that people still cannot see that mental illness is an illness just like physical illness and when we are sick we need treatment and compassion in exactly the same way. My heart goes out to you, I walk your path....you are not alone 💟

• Posted

Hi Sadly

Thank you for your words of wisdom. I can tell that you get it because you live in the same world that I do.people with disabilities are not treated the same as people without disabilities. And for people with mental disabilities it is even worse. We carry a label for life. We get shunned by everyone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.