Bipolar TURP

Posted , 2 users are following.

Anyone have a bipolar TURP procedure?

I understand that it is faster recovery than standard monopolar TURP, but looking for confirmation.

What was recovery like and were there any complications, side effects?

If you know the pre-surgery size of your prostate, please include.

Thank you very much.  Mark

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Mark,

i had one on June 1st. Stayed overnight and sent home with catheter that was removed on June 9th. Very little pain, catheter was uncomfortable but tolerable. Rest of my recovery time was uneventful. Worked regular 8 hours from June 4th. 

I am very satisfied with my TURP.

• Posted

Did you experince any negative side effects from the bipolar TURP, such as leakage, urge incontinence or reduction in sexual function?  Thanks.  Mark
    • Posted

Mark, 

only negative side effect was RE but I can live with that. Sex is still enjoyable and it last way longer then before. Orgasam is still strong and last longer with slightly different sensation. No mess works well for both my wife and I.

My only problem is now prostate Ca Gleason 7b that I have to take care of.

did not have any leakage of urine after TURP or during intercourse.

• Posted

Thanks.  Sorry about your new problem.  I hope that it works out as well as your bipolar TURP did.  Sounds like you have a good urologist.  Wish you the best.  Mark
  • Posted

Sorry, forgot to mention. In my case TURP found prostate Ca Gleason 6 (3+3). Repeat biopsy on August 11 confirmed Ca but higher Gleason score 7b (4+3). 1 of 12 core come back positive.

Now, most likely I will go with another surgery.

• Posted

Thank you MK51151.  Hope you also get good results from any future surgeries.  Do you know the size of your prostate?  Mark

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.