Bisoprolol dizziness

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi ... just started small dosage of bisoprolol as a remedy for paroxismal atrial fibrillation.  A little concerned at the dizziness and 'spaced out feeling' I'm getting.  Looking for reassurance that this is harmless and my body adjusting!  Heart and blood pressure normal though. 

Can anyone reassure me?

John

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Wendybendy1 is partialy right - except some folks continue to have SEs [side effects].  It all depends on your illness+condition - and  the dosage/day you are taking, {How small is your dosage per day?} and whether or not your bisoprolol includes HCTZ [diuretic] .... If your SEs get too bothersome, I hope you can go see your Doc.... Be sure to  have taken your Biso the day of the OV [office visit] so your Doc can check your vitals while under the effect of the medication.  Your dosage may have to be adjusted,

or... if you feel more bloated than usual, the HCTZ may have to be added,if it is not yet so prescribed... Be sure to pay attention to that effect of possible bloated feeling.and tell Doc about it....   I am on 10mg Biso...with 6.25 mg HCTZ ... and really wish I was not having to depend on the HCTZ,

as Kidneys get used to that chemical... and I now cannot do without it, without swelling up and feeling ill inside 3 days without HCTZ.

Found that out the hard way, when we tried to change to another medication that had no HCTZ.  Maybe the Doc can Rx another medicatio for your condition... there are many Beta blockers...

I have15 years plus experience with Biso... It has many SEs, but it comes under the heading of ... darned if you do....darned if you don't !  Before Beta blockers were invented... we'd have been a lot sicker... I do wish you well !!!

• Posted

Hi I've also been prescribed anisotropic 2.5.mg. for high blood pressure and am also experiencing severe dizzy spells. Will these pass and how long will they go on for???

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.