Bit of a bad day today.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all.

I hope everyone's had a better day than me today. I'm still only on my 3rd week of flu so i know i have a long long way to go yet. Just today has been probably the worst day for a while and i don't have anyone to talk too. Soo i'm still suffering with bad headaches, and i suppose thats making me really grumpy at times. I also feel really tired all the time which is weird as my sleep has been slightly better over the last few nights. It's so bad that i've got myself up and gone back to bed a hour or so later. I also feel kinda sad today, i'm not really sure why and i'm not crying for once, it's just maybe boredom and the sense of not really doing anything.. basicly i feel incredibly fed up.

Sorry to be on such a downer.

Take Care x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Star Struck

Sorry you had such a bad day yesterday...but you're not alone! I too am suffering from very bad headaches...am on week 4 of 40mgs flu and seem to be feeling pretty terrible all the time. The headaches definitely don't help so i do know how you feel.

Just remember, things can only get better...we are still fairly early on into treatment (i know it feels like its been forever and that things will never get better) but they will...eventually. Keep posting on here if you have no one else to talk to...there will always be someone on here feeling the same as you or to provide you with some comfort and encouragement.

Take care of yourself xx

• Posted

hiya star_struck :cheerup:

dont feel guilty about the tiredness and sleeping star_struck it's all part of the depression :? :wink: ive just had a period of 7 days where ive been sleeping up to 14 hours a day :shock: i could win gold medals in the olympics, when i'm like that, no sweat :wink: and i've been on fluoxetine for over 4 months this time :roll: :wink:

not crying eh star_struck ?? that's the fluoxetine starting to kick in, good innit :ok: :mrgreen:

take care and hang on in there, the fluoxetine 'magic' is starting to work star_struck, wooooooooooooot :mrgreen:

cheers,

Ken ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ :rainbow: :rose:

• Posted

Hi there star struck

You sound like I'm feeling right now. Tomorrow it'll be 2 weeks since I started flu. I haven't got any get up and go and feel so tired all the time. I don't know if the tiredness goes in time, I'm finding it difficult to cope with it. At the moment I'm just listening to my body and allowing it to do its own thing and just hoping for the best in a few weeks time.

I hope you carrying on posting here and let us know when you start to feel better. Take care

• Posted

Hi behappy

we're on the same boat i am two weeks as well and still feeling the same.

Do you feel sometimes that you lose concentration, and no interest in watching TV, or reading.

I get scared sometimes i it might affect my sanity? God forbid!

• Posted

Hi Behappy and Helpless Mum

I remember very well not being able to concentrate on the telly or read a book or magazine, i felt like i was going made and would never be able to watch my favourite programmes again but after taking flu about 4 or 5 weeks my concentration got better and i enjoyed telly and reading just as much as before.

Hang in there its early days.

Hope you've both had a good weekend so far.

Sam x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.