Bit of an odd question. But ......

Posted , 10 users are following.

Pyjamas or nightie to take in the hospital with me lol , last time on my hysterectomy I think I took a nightie and can remember them checking underneath all the time to see how much bleeding etc ! I'm more comfy in pyjamas nowadays but it may be a hassle having to pull down a lot to take pack out etc lol ... Starting to get nervous now and anxious .. Silly really !

0 likes, 75 replies

75 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Definitely a nightie. You will have a catheter in and probably a pack so you won't want the hassle of removing the pyjama bottoms.
    • Posted

Oh god yes forgot about the catheter , thanks matron ...no doubt you be hearing lots from me in the next 2 days with daft questions lol
  • Posted

A nighties more practical as you will probably have a catheter in . I got checked nightshirts so they wasn't too grannified lol! Not worn them since and once the catheter, packing was out went back to my Jim jams xxx
  • Posted

Hi Sarah,they will give you s gown to wear.you can take a nightie in if you wish.

Because you have a catheter and pack in you will need access to that area when removing it.

Dont worry all will be just fine,honestly Sarah. please let us know how it all goes.๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜Š

• Posted

A nightie lovely.I wore the gown ad I tcame out the next day.I couldn't of changed into a nightie ad I was uncomfortable with the catheter. I coukdfnt be bothered. Don't worry now all will be just๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜ fine
    • Posted

Starting to get nervous , and am really not sure why on this op as I've had plenty before lol ... Thinks it's because of the area it's in , how are you getting on Hun x
    • Posted

Honesty if your having an anterior repair hun you have nothing to fear.

I was told by the lovely ladies on here, but its natural to worry.ask matron๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

She will tell you how I was. I have had no pain,just aware down there

And nervous to go near,I won't lol.the worst for me was the catheter, that was painful

For me by far. I must have a delicate one.good luck and keep in touch๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜

• Posted

Sarah what operation you having? Nighty and more than one as if you have a Cathiter they Carnot put it down your PJ leg
    • Posted

Having an anterior repair Hun , question sounds even more silly now as j totally forgot about the cathetar x
  • Posted

Hi Sarah, I had a different gynae op but was advised to take a nighty incase of a catheter. Hope it all goes well. X
  • Posted

For any gynae operation you need a nightie. Any lady who just had pyjamas on my ward ended up wearing a hospital gown! Pyjamas were a definite no noย 
    • Posted

Trip to the shops tmw to buy a lovely new nightie then lol
    • Posted

Short sleeves as well because you'll have a drip in your arm or hand
    • Posted

Do you have to wear there gowns for surgery or can you wear your own?

Because I came out next day and couldn't move with that catheter I kept the gown on!

Had a shower next day then changed into clean PJ until the consultant told me I could

Go home.xx x

• Posted

You obviously have to wear a hospital gown for the operation and then you can change into a nightie when you wake up on the ward or keep the hospital gown on. On my ward all patients were washed, hair done, teeth cleaned and put into a clean nightie ย once they were awake from the anaesthetic. It made the patients feel much better.
    • Posted

That's lovely..didn't do that and I was in spire๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•xxx
    • Posted

It's good basic nursing care which is sadly lacking these days x
    • Posted

Because I had own room they just checked when they needed too and left me.in the morning they helped me to shower.๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

I'm quite private though so was happy to Ber left alone๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

• Posted

I had to get myself up and and showered and changed, with catheter in with no support.... I agree sadly basic nursing care lacking.... I think due to low staff numbers and staff having too much to do.ย 
    • Posted

Not sure about that SMM. Nurse numbers on the wards are actually the same or if not better than years ago. Just think there's been a complete change in culture.ย 
    • Posted

I had no sleep in hospital and the catheter was hurting all night. Night staff were lovely but when morning staff came on totally different...Pushed out of bed at 8am...no breakfast till 9.00...bed stripped and I was left in a chair till my hubby came.....rudely told I could not leave until I had done 3 wee's and i had low blood pressure as well. No discharge letter or codeine. I was asked if I was lying about meds because I wanted to go home!!!ย  I feel sorry for nurses because of shortage etc but surely a pleasant manner is not too much to ask...The NHS is in a terrible state but plenty of caring staff hopefully still left
    • Posted

I think you would know best Matron with your experience. ย During admission the staff just didn't seem to have time for anything and seemed rushed off their feet. ย 
    • Posted

aww sounds awful Eve. ย  I had low blood pressure and low blood count when I was discharged too.... they just didn't seem to have time to care.
    • Posted

If nurses were aloud to get on with what they love to do all would be fine but unfortunately ad matron says,administrative duties were so much.x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.