Bit the bullet

Posted , 4 users are following.

So yesterday I finally bit the bullet and went to a&e for peace of mind after these nagging chest pains. Blood pressure and heart rate was fine. Ecg was fine and bloods was fine. So I should be happy right?? Woke up today and the niggling pains and itches and burning sensation continues. Whyyyyyyyyyy

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Les

Why? because its anxiety related and unfortunately anxiety doesnt have an on/off switch. Take comfort that your heart is fine. It wont get rid of your anxiety overnight. I have been to A&E a few times due to panic attacks and they have said its anxiety/panic related but I have still been anxious when I get home and have had to see GP for medication and therapy to ease symptoms. If only getting rid of anxiety was as simple as a doctor telling us we were ok physically eh? Chance would be a fine thing. In fact if a doctor says my headaches are tension related my anxiety gets rid of the headache and throws in another symptom to keep me on my toes! lol x

• Posted

Hi Les Jen is right ànxiety will not go away with reassurance in fact in the long term it will make health anxiety worse so go and get the treatment you need and work through your fears etc.

• Posted

Something that can help calm you down are meditations for anxiety  on YouTube. They completely relax my mind and body and my symptoms diminish greatly. I do this a couple times a day. They have meditations for anxiety, sleep, depression,  panic, proper breathing, etc.  there are many to choose from. I use earbuds for a better effect.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.