Black dogs back

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, 

A part time depressive here.

I was coming along quite well after 5 years of anti depresants and 19 sessions of cbt, then yesterday a bombshell from our daughter and everything is turned upside bloody down.

Thanks life, I was just starting to make sense of it all then bang.

Mike.

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

It sucks doesn't it? Just when things are finally stable in your life, then boom some drama occurs to bring you down. I know that's life but it seems like it only happens to yourself.

Things will get better. Hang in there.

• Posted

Hi Timmie25,

Thanks for your response. We have all been there, or will be there sometime. No point trying to make sense of life, just as you go to grasp it, it turns to fog.

Mike.

• Posted

Oh no poor you  what happened?, is it sortable? 
  • Posted

Hi Sam,

If someone hammered a 6" nail into my head and I had to pull it out with a claw hammer, that would be more sortable.

If you thought that over 40 years ago when you left your 4 and 6 year old son and daughter in your own mothers care for a week-end, only to be told now by your daughter that your own mother let a man sexual assault them both, possibly for monetary gain, that's not sortable. Asking why they never told us then, only to be told that we were always shouting at them or smacking them and we wouldn't believe them???

My wife and I, we feel that for the last 47 years our lives have been a lie, how could we have got it so wrong, not seen something. How could my now dead, thank goodness, mother have done that to our two beautiful children, left in her care by her own son, her oldest son.

We are just both in complete shock and .....

• Posted

Wow Mike. That is a bombshell. I feel for you and your wife and daughter. I don't know what else to say. I hope there is someway you can have peace again. 😓

• Posted

omg,it is such a bad feeling and shock.Still,Mike don't be disheartened, nothing was in your control to correct and whatever has happened has happened, hope your daughter understands the current helplessness of yours. She will surely realize as she grows, wait and remain calm patiently

• Posted

Hi Mike

I'm sorry your son and daughter went through that while their grandma was supposed to take care of them. I know it must be difficult for you right now having learnt this after 40 years. I will never understand why anyone would not say anything the only thing I can conclude is since they were 4 and 6 years old. Their mind either blocked it or couldn't tell you because it's your mother who was taking care of them and she let this man do that to them for monetary gain. I can't believe it. I don't understand how people can be so cruel towards children. I know she's your mother but this is insane.. Sometimes those who hurt others are those near us. Family. It's not your fault bow would you know your own mother would do that? You couldn't. Was she in drugs or alcohol? I've heard of horrible things people do to others for that. I hope you and your grown kids find peace and leave everything in the past though I know it won't happen. I could only hope. This is a traumatic event for them. I remember everything clearly when I was that age. I understand sometimes it's difficult to understand why those who are close to us or our own parents would hurt us or our kids. I'm sorry for what you and your grown children are going through.🙏🙌Peace be with your family.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.