Bladder botox

Posted , 1 user is following.

I wonder if anyone has been through this experience for severe urge and stress incontinence?  This is the latest experiment I have been guinea pig for only for it to fail and having to return to A & E for emergency catheter after spending day injections put into my bladder and failing to pass urine for 7 hours after extra consumption of fluids over 2 litres you are recommended to drink and the day after even worse not going till 9 hours again with over 2 litres consumed having googled urine retention and not being given follow up contact with whoever I could call having gone into this I left a message with the breast cancer care team whom I am under and whom were on same floor of where this procedure was done to no avail I was told to talk with my consultants secretary and then passed through to clinical measurements on the bladder and bowel team who told me I had to contact the community nursing team at my gp surgery for urgent catheterisation today with them or must go to A & E if they cannot see me today which I did but had to track down my mum and dad as parking not ideal and unsure how long I would be but as soon as triaged was immediately found a cubicle and treated rapidly given underlying damage this could cause to the bladder and kidneys.  I was furnished with a nightbag and sent home with this hooked over my skirt and received a call from Kaz at clinical measurements bladder and bowel having reviewed my records and gathered what had been done for me rang me and told me I must contact the community nursing team again and get a flip valve put in place and was given their numbers this time so called and left a message.  Later that day had a call from them asking what I had left hospital with and told her plenty of pipework 2000ml bag and holder and that is what I am getting by on so she came straight to me on her way home somewhat shocked I was furnished only with a nightbag.  Found the flip valve giving me no end of sensation to empty and struggling to be comfortable with it so now have in place day bag held in the comfort of catheter sleeve so I know and can monitor managing these needs better.  I am due a phone consultation this week and then on 24 have to spend whole day in clinical measurements or they put me through a trial without catheter which given bladder capacity such retention has left me with and that no sooner do I have fluids for my day bag to fill up instantaneously that the damage of Botox injections I am already suffering with and have two other side effects caused being feeling very itchy and it has caused some of my nails to curl downwards.  As I am a severely disabled person with other underlying illnesses and had breast cancer I am at breaking point as to how much more my body and life can take.  Is there anybody on this forum who has been through bladder Botox?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.