Bladder issues - could this be psychosomatic/somatisation?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've been having these problems for 3 months now and I'm at my wits' end. About 3 months ago, I started having the symptoms of literally always, every second of every day, feeling like I need to pee, as well as constipation. I had a couple months where I was very anxious, and then had one very stressful event happen, and the day after the event I pretty much woke up with these symptoms. The bladder problems obviously bother me a lot more than the constipation. So far, a lot of things have been ruled out physically. I don't have a UTI, a kidney stone, and I'm not retaining urine. My pelvic floor muscles are normal. The constipation isnt causing the bladder problems either. I doubt that I just suddenly developed overactive bladder (especially since I am young and don't have sudden urgency, just the constant urge) or IC. The fact that it all started the day after that event leads me to believe that it's caused by anxiety. Is this possible? I have not heard much about people having somatisation issues with their bladder.

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.