Bladder prolapse waiting for hospital appointment

Posted , 4 users are following.

I feel everything is coming out.  Awful dragging feeling and all sorts of "nobbly" bits can be felt when I try and push it back.  Feeling very nervous.  Does this sound normal for a prolapse?

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

It does sound normal judith. How long have you been waiting for an appointment?
    • Posted

I have an hospital appointment this Friday.  I waited about 3 weeks for this .  It is really getting me down.
    • Posted

If you're in the UK 3 weeks isn't too long to wait but I can imagine because you're having so much pain and discomfort they would see you very quickly. So hopefully on Friday you'll know exactly what is going to happen.
  • Posted

yes i feel your pain, its how i feel most of the time, i have my surgery on the 10 dec and feeling nervous bit cant wait to feel normal again!

• Posted

Mosnippy did you have to wait a long time for surgery?  I can understand you being nervous I would be too but hopefully you should feel so much better to enjoy Christmas.  All the best, 
    • Posted

i fortunately have bupa so it all been very quick, they actually said to me last week we can do it on 26 nov and i was eeekkkk noo to soon lol
    • Posted

Hello everyone kind enough to get involved.  I went along to see consultant this morning.  They gave me the option of a ring or surgery if I want it.  Physio no longer feasable.  I opted for a ring and it was inserted there and then.  A bit uncomfortable but worth it if it works.  I feel a bit achey but that awful dragging feeling has gone.  Consultant says I can carry on with all normal activities includidng long country walks (6 to 7miles) It sounds too good to be true.  So fingers crossed.......

• Posted

I hope it works for you judith. There's no reason why it shouldn't. Fingers crossed 
    • Posted

fingers crossed this works for you!!

I unfortunately didnt get in with them they kept falling out and they tried differant sizes in the end gave up lol

but glad it seems to be working for you x

• Posted

Hi, Judith:  It sounds like what I have, for sure.  I feel like a baby's head is coming through the vaginal area, and very hard to urinate, even though I feel like I have to most of the time..I have a doctor appt. tomorrow to weigh my options.   Will let you know what I find out.  I hate the thoughts of surgery, but I can't stand this pressure feeling much longer.  It also puts pressure on my lower back, and I already have major back problems..Feel better soon....
    • Posted

Thanks for getting back to me Carole.  Though I know its a common problem I feel as though I am the only one.  Thats why I got onto this forum.  Do let me know how you get on at Doctors.  I had to go twice before he referred me to hospital.  My appointment is for this Friday.  I am at the point that I'm not worried about surgery as long as they can fix things.  It would be good though if I could get away with a pessary.  My mum had the same problem and she had a ring.

Take care

• Posted

i tried the rings and they kept falling outsad but dr said the rings are not a long term solution for sexually active people/younger generations, as it can sometimes be feltsad

my consultant gave me a prescription for bladder pills which has helped loads! vesicare or something like that i dont have to pee every 2 seconds and feel like i empty better (most of the time)

good luck with appointment hope you find what works for you x

• Posted

Your'e very welcome, Judith...Im in the USA, and if I have to have surgery there will probably be a 3 MONTH wait...I'm usually so nervous about going to my OBGYN, but today, my appt. is 1:15pm. my time, and I'm kind of excited about finding out what to do.  I hate surgery, but I'm like you, if I come through it feeling better it will all be worth it.  Will let you know, sweetie...HUGS.

• Posted

Thank you so much.  I just wonder what the consultant will suggest on Friday.  If surgery is an option I will have to wait up to 18 weeks I think

Anyway hope your op is quick easy and comfortable

• Posted

most likely will be surgery , have you tried other routes physio, pessary? etc 18 weeks seems to be the norm for surgery , my friend is waiting that for herniated disc on her back! it is madness the waiting hopefully yours wont be that long (fingers crossed)

hope it all goes well on friday!

and thank you! im trying not to stress out about it lol (tryingggg)

• Posted

18 weeks is the maximum wait judith. Most areas are earlier.
    • Posted

Hi Carole  How did you get on with your consultation.  Mine went fine.  I had option for surgery but decided to have a ring fittted.  Its wonderful I feel back to normal.  Hope it holds.  All  the best for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.