Bladder Stones

Posted , 6 users are following.

Wondering what guys are doing for Bladder Stones due to BPH? Me - 2014 found with CT Scan n removed a batch via Cysto;6 h 4 mos later a trip to ER with massive passing of blood n clots. Script of antibody and back to normal; 2018 - At gym and went to pee and peed 100's of stones out - freaked me out!; 2019; 3TMRI shows bladder stones again - bleeding 3 - 4 times a month; about every 2 months bacteria infections - treat w antibody. 230gram P and no cancer per CT scan and 3TMRI - just a BIG P and bladder stones. Seems like sleeping (moving around) stirs them up and bleeding is in drawers in the morning. Sometimes just get up from a chair to go pee - and there is blood spurts followed by normal color pee. Debating if I should schedule a removal of Bladder stones via Cysto scope again? ps. I sleep 5-6 hrs a nite - do not get up; Stream is like a McDonalds straw....but still can pee....Any experiences with Bladder Stones and what to do? Just put up with or CystoScope?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

What types of bladder stones do you have? If you know, you might be able to reduce them by change in diet. Do you have urinary retention and/ or urinary obstruction ? They both can cause bladder stones. Drinking plenty of liquid also helps, as long as you don't have retention. Hank

• Edited

70 Yr old;

One retention w trip to ER summer of 2017 - catheter for 10 days;

Thereafter - trip to Johns Hopkins - CT Scan - negative cancer - 230g P size - 6.0PSA) - showed bladder stones and inguniel Hernia.; Recommended Simple P Surgery (open); Not a fan! Decided to continue to check other options; HOLEP , etc..

Nov 2018, Peed out hundreds of the stones;

Feb 2020 - Univ of Okla - option of Robotic Simple P Surgery - did a 3 TMRI - no cancer - 6.0PSA; Sched for surgery March - Covid cancelled all elective S.

Present - kicking can down the road; bleeding still happening on/off I think due to stones moving around.

Calculi Stones - orange brown color - size of 1/2 size of a BB......

Can you open the composition?

Can you recommend a diet?

I do drink a lot of water during the day

Mike

• Posted

If you take care of the BPH by one of the available procedures would that eliminate the stones ?

Would large diameter (14 to 20) intermittent catheters eliminate some of the stones ? They might also alleviate the BPH symptoms which might alleviate the stones.

There may be foods that should be avoided to reduce stone formation.

Thomas

• Posted

Yes - several different procedures might decrease or negate the BPH and then, no bladder stones;

Buttt, all of these procedures have alternate consequences.....

I have only used catheter once with a ER visit in 2018 when I had retention; Have not used catheter since.

• Edited

I don't know if kidney stones fall into the same category but a friends DR recommended he drink lemon juice to reduce the chance of kidney stones. I know others that take citric acid as a supplement.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.