bladder suregery went fine. going under was fun.

Posted , 9 users are following.

Will yesterdat turned out to be a long day. Check in time 8:45. Surgery at 10:45 a.m. but got delayed until 1:45 p.m. pacific time. Surgery went fine. Going under was the best sleep I have had for years. I didn't get sick. Got home at 8 p.m. My daughter came down with a bug yesterday but we thought it was just allergies until she felt real sick today, so we kept her from school. Didn't get much sleep last night, the bed at the hospital made my back hurt a lot and gave me knots. I'm on a low fat diet for awhile. When I'm better then we will celebrate my birthday which is today. Great gift surgery. Any questions just ask. I'm sore but not sick to my stomache.

,. Glad its over.

3 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

Glad it went well. Just think, now you have a new life that will hopefully be pain free! I know I have had a new lease on life since mine!
  • Posted

Hi Lori

Great news just ensure you take it easy.All the best.

• Posted

Trust me I will take it easy. I got hockey games to watch and Christmas movies. Plus many dvds. I will be better before Christmas. Thanks Steve.
  • Posted

Glad you're doing well. Happy Birthday!!!! Welcome to the club! Tomorrow will make a week for me and I feel so much better. Prepare for the gas though, that's the worst part!
    • Posted

Looking forward too it, feeling better part. Thanks for the birthday wish. Just be lazy watching hockey and movies. Plus had a nap.
  • Posted

Thats great news lori glad it went well, im in tomorrow at 8.30 forgallbladder surgery and im so so nervous, finding it hard to sleep because I cant relax im always thinkin about goin under and wat if somethimggoes wrong, im a born worrier and a nervous person at the best of times, im sure ill be fine just need to try and keep myself calm xx
    • Posted

I was nervous about going under too Tammi but it was so easy. Waking up feels weird like you are in a daze dream. I'm doing ok. Still sore but doing better. I'm eating low fat foods and skim milk. I could only eat jello for the first few days. Let me know how it went.
  • Posted

Im home, wasnt as bad as I thought, I am really really sore tho and tired, feels good to be in my own bed lol, finding it hard to couh and move ahout, surely ill be fine in a few days wif plenty of rest, gallbladder had 1 large stone and a few small stones, so glad its gonen now tho. Xx
    • Posted

Drink lots of water and no bending. No lifting. Try jello for awhile before you try solids. Get a lot of rest. Trust me you won't be able to sleep on your sides. I had to sleep in my chair a few nights because I would try turning over in bed. Let me know if you have any questions? Glad it went well. Keep me updated on how you are doing. Welcome to the no gall bladder club.

Lori

• Posted

Thanks lori, I have been drinkin lots of water, managed to eat some solid foods like pasta etc, tummy is really swollen but suppose that is normal, been really gassy today lol, sorry for 2 much information but when did u manage to go toilet properly? I dont feel like im needin to go but obviously not been since tuesday, doctor gave me lactose to take morning and night with having to take codeine which I know makes u constipated, im loving this site, its so helpful xx
    • Posted

Hi Tammi. Glad to hear you are eating. I have had small gasssy but not like I used to have. I had my surgery Nov. 11 and went number two by the 15. Doctor gave me stool softners plus I take miralax daily. I did have a few days were I didn't go number two. I found peeing was hard the first few days. I'm doing better. Just take advil 800 three times the day now. I only take the major pain killer at bedtime and when i m hurting really bad. I have gotten out of the house a few times but always came home sore. Keep me updated. Sorry I didn't send a message sooner.
  • Posted

Glad to hear it.  Let us know how the next few days/weeks go.  That's when you'll notice any problems with gas, bloating, gerd etc.  Hope you don't have the problems that some of us are experiencing. 
    • Posted

I haven't had any problems with gas. I toot small toots once in awhile, but nothing like I was having before the surgery. I have been on a low fat diet and that might be the reason for not having extra gas. Trust me I thought I would have all the stuff you get losing your gall bladder, but I guess I'm so far a lucky one, for once. I'm sorry to hear you got the gasses from the surgery. I know being floated is not fun, I dealt with that most of my life. Hang in there. Did the doctor give you something for it? Let me know how you are doing.
    • Posted

Hello lori73442

I still have gas and bloating with some pockets of gas that just don't wanna give in.  I've been back to the hospital twice since the GB removal cuz the pain was too great.  I'm somewhat miffed now that the doctors never told me this would happen.  Not a word both time s I went back.  I hope your recovery goes well.

• Posted

Sorry know one told you. I locked it up on the web. Today I went for a walk and wrapped gifts. I over did it, but I quit wrapping in time to feel better when my daughter gets home. Try gas x. Or ask the doctor what suggestes. Cheez it reduced fat made me gas today. Hang in there.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.