Bleed!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi I am 48 in July up until the beginning of March I hadn't had a period for 6 months then I had a brown discharge and then I bleed dark blood for 3 days then nothing until today I had a real sharp pain and when I went to the toilet I had a real light bright red blood stain so wiped myself and there was a little bright red blood so I put a pad on and carried on with my day and I have had nothing the rest of day clean pad and nothing when I go to the loo. Is this something I should get checked or is it normal when your going through peri?

Any help would be great 

Karen

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Karen,

Even though you're in peri, it can't hurt to get it checked out--just to keep yourself safe! xx

Let me know how you get on!

• Posted

Karen,

I have another thread on here. I had normal periods til about 2 years ago. I will be 54 soon.  I would spot on and off and have very light periods. Then I went 4 months without a period. I was so excited, I thought I was DONE.  Then a few months later I started to bleed heavier. I am now bleeding and clotting on and off for 3 weeks. I am not in pain, just lots of bleeding on and off with clots. I am healhty and know this is perimenopause.  It is so frustrating, but know this for me is part of the change.  Hang in there, there are all kinds of crazy symptoms with this phase of life.  

• Posted

Not sure if normal and Peri can really go in the same sentence..bad joke I know but iv learnt that the hard way. My peri experience was basically 10 months or so of totally erratic bleeding with sometimes only a few days between periods then they stopped completely with no period for 8 months but all the fun symptoms like I'm going to get one and nothing happens. Iv since had bloods done and apparently I'm post menopausal now. The last few weeks I've had a strange brown discharge like you described. It doesn't appear to be spotting just weird brown stuff. Even though I'm told I'm post meno now, nothing would surprise me. The whole Peri meno thing is way more bizzare then I ever thought it could be.

Hope this helps a little.

• Posted

Totally normal! I'm experiencing same thing now!

My last period 6mths ago was light bleeding/ then brown discharge! And now I have cramps but no periods only! I have major hot flashes now.

• Posted

hi i had exact same problem last year. nkw i come on every four weeks and its so light its almost nothing at all for a week. i had loads of tests done last year and  im juts menoporsal.
  • Posted

I've been having brown stuff for three weeks and then finally a bright red period, I think. It's like the period that never ends.

My sister told me she had been without a period for 6 months, then she was at the zoo with her class trip and all of a sudden had that enormous gush. She was totally unprepared and totally embarrassed as it stained her pants.

More lovely peri hell stuff.. think it's normal

• Posted

I just had my period 4 days early. (they are usually right on time) it spots before like for 3 days..stops and then i have my period. Now it stopped again and then its a very very light spotting..only when I wipe. It feels like I could start again. Never had this before. ugh. dislike. but, this site helps me immensely. Thank you ladies. smile
    • Posted

I know..it's like you have to wear a pad all the time, just in case..

And it sounds like we should wear a safety pad for the next 10 years in case it decides to gush one day! Guess I should buy some stock in Always products!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.