Bleeding.

Posted , 4 users are following.

my last period was 3 years ago.they just stopped and nothing since until yesterday.woke up to bleeding.seems to be first thing in morning then nothing all day then the same today.tried seeing a doctor and she said 16/12 is the earliest appointment.panicked at first but then read that this seems to happen quite a lot.just another of these menopausal things that no one tells you about.has anyone else had this happen?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello , Linda it happened to me I'm 59 how old are you?

• Posted

Hi, Linda.  Anytime you go without bleeding for such a long time, then begin to bleed, it needs to be investigated.  So, you were right to book an appointment with your doctor.  

Usually, the doctor will initially order blood tests and an ultrasound to check the width of your uterine stripe; the lining of your uterus.  Then, depending upon what is found, your doctor may order additional tests.  

Don't worry about it, but do go see your doctor, and don't put it off. 

Best of luck to you, and let me know how you do.  

• Posted

I was 59, mine happened this year June, 2016 I had to have transvaginal ultra sound , two paps one pap in ER (because I was hemmoraging) they checked to see where bleeding was coming from checked for infection and STD. the other pap smear was to check for cervical cancer. Then I had two biopsies one of the cervix and one of the uterus and 4 tubes of blood! My uterus linning was 9mm. I had to have all those test done because I was post meno and 59 years old. I thank the Lord all test was good. They first thought I had Hyperplaisa but negative for that too. What test have you had done so far?
  • Posted

Yep. Happened to me. I stay on this forum to tell people that because i know how scary it is. I was 51 and was almost 3 years post Menopause. I had several tests and all was fine. Hasn't happened since and that was almost 2 years ago. So it does happen. But definitely have it checked out to be sure.

• Posted

I haven't made an appointment yet but I will phone again and ask to speak to a doctor.thank you for putting my mind at ease that this does happen but for peace of mind I will get it checked.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.