Bleeding 11 days post op following Sacrospinous Fixation

Posted , 6 users are following.

11 days post op and have been taking things very carefully.

Not been out at all, but just pottering around the house. My husband has been doing everything.

Bit worried this morning as I have some heavier red bleeding on my pad when I first got out of bed. Previously it had been more watery and pink. Is this normal or should I try to see my GP ?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I would just keep an eye on it as happened to me. Settled after a short while. But if you are worried and feel you need medical reassurance call gp.
    • Posted

Thanks barbara92 

Seems to have settled again thankfully.... just startled me somewhat this morning ! 

• Posted

Glad that it has settled. Wish my burning down below would settle. Wishing I hadn't had the surgery in the first place 😞. Really getting me down now as 10 weeks now seeing surgeons on Monday for three months check up
    • Posted

Oh my goodness Barbara, I'm so sorry to hear that :-(   Is it the burning, you get from Cystitis ?  Or something else ? I do hope your surgeon will be able to help you next week.  
    • Posted

I hope you get some answers at your check up ! It is enough what goes with this recovery without added problems ! Does anything help !? Any creams or anything like that !? X
    • Posted

The only way I can describe it is like having nappy rash in/on your bits. How your bum feels I'll you have had bad diarrhoea for a few days BURNT. I was tested for thrust end of December negative, urine tested negative. I have had such a bad few days this week that having spoken to my local pharmacist decided to take a Canistan tablet anyway. Spent cash on pure cotton knickers, washing machine liquid for very sensitive skin etc.
    • Posted

Have tried most things now. I am just praying that they can find a reason why and can do something to help. Idont think I can cope for long like this. Supposed to be going on holiday for a few days in early April and will involve a bit of walking around.
    • Posted

Seems my reply is being moderated Barbara ? Maybe because I suggested a cream that may help... I'll pm you :-) 
  • Posted

Hi. I had exactly the same thing yesterday after I had done a little more walking thank usual. I've been reassured on this forum that I had maybe overdone things and to rest up. Today I am losing less blood but still tender in the wound region. It seems that every day is different. Just when you think you are getting back to normal things change.
    • Posted

Mine lasted just a day .... thought maybe a clot that had come away ? Blood loss  has virtually stopped as did the buttock pain at exactly 2 weeks post op ! Now feeling absolutely great, surprisingly. Having to remind myself to take things easy. Just had my birthday at the weekend and went to stay and celebrate with family/friends which I hadnt expected to feel well enough to do. cheesygrin  
  • Posted

That's good to hear Ros. Mine has settled too so I'm trying even harder now to take it easy. Very hard when you don't feel too bad.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.