Bleeding 14weeks post op for prolapse repair- concerned

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I had a prolapse repair 14 weeks ago, had no problem with bleeding once the original post op bleeding stopped. Noticed spotting thins morning, and a very light pink discharge when I wipe myself after passing urine. Anyone know if this is something to be concerned about. Does it mean I have over done it at work. I work as a housekeeper In a large care home - just done my first four day shift pattern using the hoovers, mops and pushing trolley ect,, I have been on lighter duties up to my 12 week check 

rita 

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rita, 

im 15 weeks post op and have started noticing bits of spotting after sex.  I'm hoping one of the ladies will reply and put both our minds at rest.

I too have only just started to do a little more and have noticed I'm getting a bit of swelling and soreness which I think is probably as I'm on my feet more etc.

Em x

• Posted

Hi Emma, 

I think it is normal after intercourse as others have mentioned it, but I am not in a relationship - so I know, for me, this is not the cause. I rang the hospital and they said it is not unusual, but advised me to check with my go. I am waiting for a phone call. 

I will let you know what she says x

• Posted

Sorry that's meant to say gp . Lol 

• Posted

Oh good let us know what the gp says.  I'm sure it will be fine, just a thought could you have a water infection I know I can sometimes get what you've described if I have one?

• Posted

Hi Emma, 

sadly the doctor did not ring, and I am back to work tomorrow. So I will have to see how it goes. That's not much help for either of us is it !!!!! 😀

If I end up seeing a doctor later on in the week I will get back to you.

• Posted

hi Emma 

the gp rang, before she realised i had had a total hysterectomy 19 years ago, she wondered if it could be a bleed from the cervix, rather than the wound. After I relayed about the hysterectomy she said it could be because I am low on eostragen ( spelling !! ? ) So I may need a top up, I am on hrt. 

She said that if I have another bleed I am to go along for a pelvic examination to see what's going on. She did say it could be linked to the mesh, but I am pretty sure the consultant did not use mesh , only stitches. 

So I am just going to see how it goes over the next few days. 

Is any of that helpful to you ? 

Rita 

• Posted

When in doubt, call the doctor. I waited 9 months and had too have surgery to clean up some scar tissue. Now I will have to go through physical therapy again. But I am thankful I am getting better
    • Posted

hi cindy, 

pleased to hear you are getting better. I did not get any physical therapy offered. I had issues with scar tissue years ago, but they sorted that out when I had my hysterectomy 17 years ago. 

Hope you continue to improve xx

• Posted

It's possible you still had a stitch which came away, some times internal ones take awhile as they're stronger material to hold better. It's a long time since I had a vag hysterectomy but did get occasional pinky discharge for ages after. Try not to lift and bend so much, difficult I know but you should speak to your immediate supervisor and see a doctor for another check. Did you have an internal at your 12 week check? That could have disturbed something. x rolleyes

• Posted

Hi Pollyanna- my consultant would not do an internal - I just had a phone call from my gp - if I get any more  spot bleeds ect she wants me to book up a pelvic examination. - so I will see how it goes. 

I am being careful about lifting, but there is a limit to how long I can do light duties. I was told that the internal stitches can take anything up to 4-6 months to dissolve - so I did wonder if it was lilinked to the stitches.

• Posted

It probably is linked to the stitching but yes, you should get an examination if it happens again. I'm not a medical person. I just relate to what you're saying having been there myself. Try and get an internal check and see what the doc or nurse says. They may be able to see better at 14 weeks than earlier as swelling should have gone down by now. Best wishes, Poll. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.