Bleeding

Posted , 2 users are following.

Be confirmed no polyps or cancer just good old "D". Just had a bleed first ine in 2 years. Is it adviced to take antibiotics aftre a bleed? would ask GP if I could get phone answered.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Had 3 massive bleedsthat ended up in hospital admissions. Had blood transfusions but no infection so no need for antibiotics. Awaitingsurgery now, 31St of this month. Hope your bleed settles.
  • Posted

Had 3 massive bleedsthat ended up in hospital admissions. Had blood transfusions but no infection so no need for antibiotics. Awaitingsurgery now, 31St of this month. Hope your bleed settles.
  • Posted

Hi Malcolm

Tricky one this.  Bleeding doesn't happen without a reason so I think you should keep trying to get to a doctor to find out the cause - be it DD, piles, a rectal tear - there is more than one reason.  Are you experienceing the usual DD pain and/or other symptoms as well?  If so then you probably have an infection and do need antibiotics.  Hope you get a quick response.

• Posted

Hi, I had my first diverticulitis attack almost 3 years ago, although at the time it was not diagnosed.  I woke up in the night with what I thought was food poisoning, next moorning, when I went to the loo, I was shocked to see that the pan was full of bright red blood.  Took myself of to the doctor,  had to wait 6 weeks for a colonoscopy where they found a couple of benign polyps and some divericulosis.  No explaination about the bleeding.  Since than I have had a number of attacks but only one more with a little blood.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.