Bleeding

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi had my op Thursday for rectocel and perionoscopy, feel well in myself so far better than expected really, but could anyone advice how long the bleeding lasts, I do not have periods as I had a hysterectomy in 1997 thanks in advance for any reply xx

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Difficult question to answer lynn but certainly by about 4 weeks it should have stopped. As long as it doesn't increase and you don't pass a lot if clots then don't worry. After about 2 weeks or earlier it should change from red to brown in colour. Good news that the surgery went well, now the hard part.....rest and no lifting x

• Posted

Thanks matron, I will rest, I just thought it may be a little different for me as I take warfarin. I had to stop 5 days pre surgery and then midnight after surgery had a heparin injection then stated meds again so blood test next week to see if my inr is correct they will come to my home for this which is great. Also they recommended to keep the stocking on for a week due to restricted moving. Xx
    • Posted

If you take Warfarin then you could bleed more than a patient who doesn't take the medication. Obviously you will know your own body and regular blood tests should alter the dose enough to prevent it being a problem. You now know what is normal so you can speak to your GP if bleeding is heavy. At least you only have to wear the sexy stockings for a week, I can remember on this forum quite a while ago one lady was told 6 weeks! xx

• Posted

Hi , I had rectocele repair, perineorraphy fentons and skin excision a month ago today. I had a pack in for 24hours. After I was discharged I had old bloody discharge some heavy but nothing fir five days then heavy fresh bleeding and clots for three weeks which led to three weeks abx too . Bleeding stopped last Friday and now I have I think horrendous thrush too... my cons said the bleeding could restart when stitched dissolve . The bleeding shouldn't be so heavy ( or odorous) that you're changing pads every hour and a half or big clots .

Hope you recover well

• Posted

I only bled light for 2 days I guess I was lucky smile or so far anyway I'm almost 3 weeks post op

• Posted

That's great Geraldine this past day or so I have felt good and hardly any pain at all, just hope this is not the calm before the storm so to say ha ha just the dreaded bm to go through yet but no sign yet, have been using lactalose and plenty fluids and fruit but no sign, glad your well x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.