Bleeding after being confirmed as menopausal

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm 58 and have not had a period for 20 months. I had a blood test a few months ago and the Doctor confirmed that I was definitely menopausal.

4 days ago I wiped myself after going to the toilet and was shocked to find pink/brown staining. This has now developed into a proper period like bleed with little bits of what looks like womb lining. It's not as heavy as my periods were before they stopped. Prior to this happening I had a clear discharge (which I haven't had since I stopped my periods), tender breasts and have been very teary and emotional.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

HI, try not to worry as i had a period 3 years after finishing them i had to go through the fast track cancer checks hysteroscopy which was okay without sedation it turned out it was stress that gave me a period I also had sore breasts and felt very low, a good sign . So get checked out and dont worry

• Posted

Hi Chris

Thank you for your message Ive also been under a lot of stress as I lost my job 5 weeks ago. I'm terrified of any medical procedures - having a smear is an ordeal let alone having a hysteroscopy!

• Posted

I don't know how or why it happens but it does. My older sister is going through this too. She hadn't had a period in about three years and all of a sudden one showed up out of the blue. Very odd!

• Posted

Hi Catryna... I am 59 and had to have hysteroscopy past July. Blood work said menopausal but kept having periods here n there. Thank God all was normal, gyn said healthy but with a fibroid but to expect it all to stop within a year....a year!!

After a very stressful week of losing 2 brothers in law within 5 days of each other...i am having the same type of period you describe. Late meno runs in my family.

Get checked tho for peace of mind.

• Posted

HI Katy

thank you for your message I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my job 5 weeks ago and am severely stressed too. I also have 2 fibroids which were found a couple of years ago when I had to have a vaginal ultrasound which was an ordeal in itself so the thought of any more invasive procedures absolutely terrifies me!

• Posted

I understand and empathize with your fear;that is me,too. And i was so scared back July ...of the actual procedure AND the outcome. But thank God both were fine. It's like they say...99% of what we worry about never happens.

Then there's us who think " what if I'm in that 1 %?" 😳

😂 You are fine, and it doesn't hurt. Keep us posted.

• Posted

Because its not a leap off a cliff. Its a slow process. They do not know if you are producing eggs or if you have more left. They can't tell you because they don't care. Its only women's health after all. There is one line of talk about menopause and they expect every one to except it. Look up ovarian rejuvenation. They know how to restart your fertility even women in their late 50's.

Ovarian rejuvenation is not about getting pregnant it is about why you need your hormones balanced. To prevent heart disease, high BP, type 2 diabetes weight gain and on and on. Be glad your hormones are still functioning it means you are staving of diseases of aging.

Yet if you went and had everything checked out they would shrug their shoulders and say who knows? I guess you had one last egg. Even when you FSH comes back high. Its not the whole story. There is much more to it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.