Bleeding after menopause

Posted , 5 users are following.

Haven't had a period in 2 years but this time last year almost to the day I spotted and had an ultrasound and a biopsy and everything was fine . Here I am a year later doing it again but this time I have had a hot flash or night sweats since I started bleeding witch is just about gone like a normal period! I went to the ER because I freaked out and the doctor said he didn't think much would change in a year and did a pelvic and said everything felt normal ! So I have an appointment with my Obgyn I just want to know what is going on oh and Google is not a friend!!! ??

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Google is never a friend. Seems like this happens to a lot of women. Get it checked out but try not to worry. How old are you?
    • Posted

I just turned 50 I just need to stay off google and remember what the Doctor told me and try not to worry so much 😊
  • Posted

This as happened to me to years no period then spots had checks all fine but two periods since very confusing but still under hospital so got enough appointment but was told it's normal theses are very confusing times xxx

• Posted

Yes it is I am so tired of this the only good thing was no hot flashes lol I pray everything is ok like last time but I'm still going to ask for a hysterectomy I just want it all out

• Posted

I've had the same exact thing happen to me, I get the hot flashes with the spotting, but why worry, when our bodies are transitioning to the change, it's not going to happen overnight? Your levels of estrogen and progesterone are diminishing which occur with hormonal changes. Also, most spotting is not dangerous and it is known that stress can increase the level of hormones imbalance that can lead to menstrual irregularities.

• Posted

Yes. It seems this happens to a lot of us. I returned to this site after having it happen again with my last fully negative workup being about 1.5 years ago. I also have a fibroid and am overweight enough that my body, I'm sure, continues to supply the estrogen needed to keep things stirred up down there, even at 52. I split time equally between deciding not to freak out about it and freaking out about it. 

• Posted

It's so hard not the panic and freak out my kids keep telling me it's going to be ok just had tests a year ago and the ER Doctor told me usually not much changes in a year but still it's hard ??

• Posted

Jennifeh, did you go actually 2 years without a period or spotting and then after that you had bleeding or did you almost go a year twice and every time spotted guess my brain fog is a little confused . 
    • Posted

I have been in menopause for two years went 12 months without a period then last year atvthis time I started spotting had tests done everything we ok then here I am again one year later and feels like a period this time ! I have another doctor appointment Thursday so fingers crossed its ok 😀
    • Posted

I've been told this is normal your explaining the same thing that's happening to me please don't worry it's really hard but we have to think if everything normal then we must be OK

• Posted

I'm trying and I feel so much better being able to talk about this with others that are going through the same thing ?? Thank you

• Posted

Isn't this just exhausting? I went to the doc Wednesday and we talked about my fibroid and this occasional bleeding/spotting and he assured me that since it had been worked up numerous times that I should not be all freaked out every time it happened. I left the office feeling GREAT and unworried! But this episode continues to spit and sputter and this morning there it is again. Also, I am crampy. So, once I get the referral in the mail, I am going to go ahead and make yet another appointment with the GYN to take a look see to see if anything has changed since last time.

The nurse Wednesday did say 'you know if you got that all out it would fix the problem,right?' Statement and I'm beginning to get on board the H-train.

• Posted

How long ago did you have your number irk up ? I had a biopsy and ultrasound one year ago and everything was good so I had another biopsy yesterday and going for another ultrasound Tuesday ! I am so tired of this I told my Obgyn I want a hysterectomy and she said we would decuss it I can't take it mentally anymore ! I don't blame you one bit we are going through menopause anyways so what is the difference we just have less worry ??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.