Bleeding after sex

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi it’s never happened to me before so I’m a little worried, I finished my period and then went and had sex, is something wrong or did my partner tear me or could he have just started my period back up?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

There are many causes. But honestly it’s best just to go see your GP to make sure everything is ok.    Are you up to date with your Pap smear tests? 

How soon after your period did you have sex? 

• Posted

Yea had my smear about 4 months ago they said everything was ok and it was a few hours after it, I talk to my friend about it and she explained that it happens to her when she does the same and that it could be where he’s hit my cervix and has opened it and made me come on my period again, could this be true?
    • Posted

I’m not an expert, but periods are hormonal things not something that can be started by sex.   your period is the shedding of the lining that has been built up over the weeks previous.. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.   And if you had sex a few hours after your period, maybe it was just the last little bit of blood from it. 

How much blood are we talking? And what colour? Also have you been together long, and had std checks before getting together? 

• Posted

We have been together for over 2 years and also we are trying for a baby, at first it was like fresh blood but then it started to get like a faint pink and but I was bleeding for at least 12 hours but not enough to go on to the pad only when I  wiped , we had everything cheeked the start in this year as we was trying for a baby before and nothing was working I also resently started taking 800iu folic acid if that helps in any way
    • Posted

Sounds more like spotting maybe? Which can happen at the end of a period.    If you’re concerned about it tho maybe talk to your doctor.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.