Bleeding and cramps

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi ladies so glad i have joined my story is im 56 ,2 years ago i had an episode of post menopasual bleeding went to doctors had a internal pelvic ultra sound caeback good all was how it was meant to be.Lastyear had a smear ,it was all good .suddenly in the past2 to 3 weeks have started bleeding this time it wont stop on tablets to stop it and are having back ache plus stomach cramps this time i feel very scared not like ast tiime and i keep getting very emotional and crying . I have aleady seemed to have got it in my mind its the worstout come , i never was like this the 1st time

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi there,  I am sorry to hear you are going through all of this.  All I know is peri menopause, and menopause seems to be such a unique time.  I have spent more time going to doctor appointments and tests for new things that pop up from out of no where and like you nothing shows up on tests, but things definitely feel different...then my mind takes over and I worry that something was missed.  You are not alone with the worries as most all of us on here feel the same with different issues.  My suggestion would be is go back to the doctor and ask for more tests to be done.  Where I live pap smears are done every three years unless there is new abnormal bleeding in that time.  I would get another pelvic ultra sound done as well.....if all comes back normal, I would think it is hormonal and perhaps progestrone might be what you need.   I am not in menopause, but peri menopause and I know I have more back aches now then I ever did, and I have had more stomach issues, someone suggested it is because hormones are depleting and tissues depend on these hormones.....so it is possible you may have an imbalance.  The number one cause of imbalance is stress and anxiety (which I have) so if you get the clear from your tests, I would look at lifestyle, diet, exercise, relaxation techniques.....anything to get yourself back in balance.  
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply, just some one else to talk to helps calm the nerves and fears for awhile, and yes i have had a ultra sound today, which was not told anything just that the results will be sent through to my doctor on Monday . So i have a appointment Monday  to get results  and have a biopsy on the same day, then i guess it is a waiting game until i get the results of the biopsy , which of course i am dreading . It is good to hear that others have the same fears and thought s like i do and am having.   I really appreciate your reply it has helped me.
    • Posted

Have had my reults and have been told i have a small fibroid, and the thickness of my uterus is 8, so i am booked in for an internal pelvic and a biopsy on tuesday this coming week, then it is a waiting game until i get the results, this is playing havoc with my nerves and feeling very tense and emotional

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.