Bleeding and Diverticular

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I am 62 .I have just been for a sigmoidoscopy. Lower part of the bowel as I was bleeding for 2 months on and off. I have a narrowing which prevented the doc from going round the U bend . Signed off . No further investigation BUT still bleeding. I am a vegetarian with a very small appetite , runs in the family . Any help out there on diets would be gratefully appreciated. Thank you

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I would have thought the hospital would scan you if they can't do a sigmoidoscopy. How did you get diagnosed withDD ?   I don't eat skins nuts raw veg the only way to eat tomatoes is to put them in boiled water for a few minutes then skin and de seed them peppers I roast and take the skins offI have mabevarine fybergel and a probiotic tablet everyday. I don't eat red meat but you being a vegetarian that won't apply I was advised by falinia on this forum to keep a food diary   It has been a godsend. I hope this helps. Good luck 

• Posted

I had the camera 4 yrs ago as I was in so much pain and bowels not working right when Diverticular was found plus the narrowing . I had another camera yesterday but couldn't get very far.

Just not sure what to do about the bleeding and don't really know where it is coming from . I was thinking diet might be my answer .

Thank you for your reply and help x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.